The Shift Leader contributes to the success of McAlister's through assisting in the daily operations of the restaurant. Main responsibility is to direct the operation of the restaurant, in the absence of the General Manager, while maintaining the highest standards of food quality, service, cleanliness, safety and sanitation by directing and supervising team members. Also responsible for handling issues with team members, food suppliers and guest directly, then escalates them to the General Manager when necessary.
Key areas of responsibility:
- The ability to provide supervision during assigned shifts.
- Provides team members, and guests with a positive experience and atmosphere.
- Manages both FOH and BOH shift responsibilities to include scheduling of staff to minimize overtime and achieve daily labor controls and cost as assigned by management.
- Monitors speed of service to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Handle guest comments and complaints.
- Supervise daily shifts to ensure McAlisters standards, product quality and cleanliness is maintained.
- Assist in the ongoing training of team members, including new hires as well as existing staff to make certain McAlisters procedures and processes are followed. Performs line checks as necessary.
- Enforce uniform policy and standards.
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Opening and closing of restaurant.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Posting ID: 547063898Posted: 2020-02-19