Landus Cooperative is currently seeking a Custom Applicator! Do you have a passion for agriculture and operating large equipment/applicators? Would you consider yourself reliable and detail-oriented? Then come join our team!
We are seeking a motivated individual who can apply crop protection products and assist in our agronomy and grain operations. At Landus Cooperative, you’ll find a fun team atmosphere and a stable career that offers excellent benefits for full-time employees!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Apply and understand the use of agronomy products to customer’s fields including dry and liquid fertilizer, chemicals, NH3, and lime. In addition, record daily application logs.
- Operate various application equipment, tender trucks, and NH3 equipment.
- Maintain and record maintenance of application equipment, tending equipment, NH3 equipment, pickups and side dress units.
- Operate dry fertilizer plants, chemical containment buildings, and NH3 plants.
- Assist in housekeeping and maintenance of facilities & grounds.
- Provide prompt, professional, and courteous customer service.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL with air brake, tanker, and HazMat endorsements.
- Participate in company DOT drug and alcohol program and maintain current DOT physical.
- Must have or be able to obtain a commercial pesticide applicators license with 1A, 1B, and 1C endorsements.
- Must be able to move/lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and related experience and/or training.
- Good computer skills.
- Understand the seasonality of an agricultural cooperative and the in-season time commitment.
- Teamwork: Works hard to emphasize team success ahead of individual success.
- Safety: Protects the well-being of our employees, customers, and consumers.
- Consistent Quality: Accepts responsibility to provide quality work in a timely manner.
- Empowered: Enjoys working hard and has initiative to do what’s right.
- Integrity: Displays honesty by doing what they say they will do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Posting ID: 547074860Posted: 2020-01-30