Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team.
Vocational Support for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
The primary function of the Job and Community Connections Coach is to support the mission of Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley by assisting groups of individuals to identify, acquire and maintain community employment. Recipients of this service will be individuals with developmental disabilities who are either: 1. Transitioning from high school to adult life situations or; 2. Transitioning from isolating environments (sheltered employment/enclaves/day habilitation programs) into community-based employment settings. In addition, this position will support individuals to identify and connect to non-segregated/non-isolated environments and activities in the community based on their interests, abilities and conditions for participation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Facilitate and develop individualized, purposeful, and diverse goals based upon the individual’s interests, strengths, needs, and choices according to the ISP (Individualized Service Plan), IPE (Individualized Plan for Employment), and all other assessments to achieve integration in to the community and competitive employment. Facilitate person centered planning to complete individual profile used for job development.
2. Manage a team of individuals with developmental disabilities in community settings.
3. Incorporate various teaching strategies utilizing available curriculum and encompassing all areas of life domains.
4. Model behavior to improve independence and responsibility.
5. Participate as a member of the individual’s support team as required outside of agency sites which includes parents, guardians, residential providers, community, and all other service providers.
6. Report to coordinator, any changes, incidents or problems in a timely manner, using the most viable option. (phone, incident report)
7. Advocate for individual while assuring their health, safety, and welfare at all times.
8. Assist with personal care including transferring persons as needed.
9. Attend all required staff meetings, trainings, and in-services on a regularly scheduled basis.
10. Assist employers to develop techniques to effectively supervise customers and works to maintain satisfactory Goodwill, Employer, and other community relationships.
11. May be required to provide and/or arrange transportation on a daily routine according to the individual’s needs and enhancing independence by training and/or utilizing own vehicle, local transit, and/or company vehicles. Maintain own credentials to drive as required by GESMV.
12. Training: Maintain all applicable training requirements as determined by GESMV, Employment First and Ohio Administrative Code 5123:2-9-15, 5123-2-9-17 & 5123-2-9-18, 5123-2-9-19, 5123-2-9-14.
13. Service Documentation: Complete and maintain accurate and timely documentation of service delivery, personnel related documentation and other mandatory documentation required by GESMV Ohio Administrative Code 5123:29-15 and all relevant Adult Array services.
14. Job Training/Coaching: Developing a systematic plan of on-the-job instruction and development by:
15. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
An Associate’s degree in related field or 1 year related experience in the area of working with people with disabilities or teaching.
Knowledge of competitive employment work environments, policies and procedures. An awareness of and experience in training disabled individuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee must maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record acceptable to Goodwill's liability insurance provider. If at any time the employee is unable to maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to GESMV’s liability insurance provider, they must immediately notify Human Resources.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Skills & Abilities
1. Use of discretion and independent judgment in oversight responsibilities and the delivery of services required.
2. Ability to communicate effectively.
3. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
4. Self-motivated, quick learner, creative thinker.
5. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
6. Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
7. Must be able to take initiative, make decisions and work well with little supervision.
8. Must be able to keep information confidential.
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, general business instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
2. Ability to speak effectively with participants, caregivers and the general public.
1. Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
2. Ability to deal with daily operational challenges with a calm demeanor.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.