Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team.
*Position requires working outdoors*
Accepts merchandise donations according to procedures in manual.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Greet customers and maintain a cheerful and pleasant disposition when servicing customers.
2. Maintain superior level of customer service to meet agency standards.
3. Loads and sorts materials on trailer according to instructions.
4. Maintain records of donations and materials; provide accurate reporting to Operations department.
5. Follows instructions on care of trailer and posting of signs as needed.
6. Maintains premises in compliance with Agency safety and housekeeping practices.
7. Complies with Goodwill Industries of the Miami Valley's rules and regulations.
8. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required.
Box Truck experience preferred, but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Skills & Abilities
1. Able to accept and load donations of clothing, furniture, appliances and other household goods.
2. Able to perform sorting and packing tasks to secure donations.
3. Able to maintain records and reports of donations.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.