Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team.
Sales Associate/Donation Processor - Troy
Perform retail sales functions, accept merchandise donations, select and price donated goods and textiles to be sold in the retail stores according to the Retail Procedures Manual.
Great way to start a career in retail!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Provide customer service in a friendly and professional manner (greeting, selling, telephone, etc.)
2. Greet customers and maintain a cheerful and pleasant disposition when servicing customers.
3. Maintain superior level of customer service to meet agency standards.
4. Loads and sorts materials on trailer according to instructions.
5. Maintains premises in compliance with Agency safety and housekeeping practices.
6. Operate cash register accurately and efficiently; (correct change, receipts, checks, charges, discounts, etc.)
7. Inspect textiles, furniture, appliances, small household wares, novelty items, books, toys, decorations and sporting goods to determine sale ability.
8. Receive and handle donated goods from donors.
9. Perform stock duties such as sorting and hanging garments, placing them in the appropriate rack, keep pulling system up to date.
10. Perform stock duties such as stocking shelves and maintaining displays.
11. Ensure Goodwill quality control standards are met (textiles, misc., and furniture).
12. Test electrical appliances to determine safe operations.
13. Complete reports accurately as assigned (donation counts, readings, daily business statements, deposits, and cash drawer).
14. Price merchandise according to prescribed criteria.
15. Prepare textiles and goods for resale.
16. Disinfect upholstered materials using Steri-Fab.
17. Follow the dress code as set by Goodwill and display a professional image and attitude.
18. Performs any additional duties as assigned by Manager, Assistant or Supervisor and maintaining an enthusiastic and helpful attitude.
19. Must work a flexible schedule to comply with the needs of the store.
20. Must maintain the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
21. Perform other duties as assigned.
22. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required.
Experience in retail sales performing cashiering, customer services, and shipping/receiving preferred, but not required. Box Truck experience preferred, but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Skills & Abilities
1. Perform housekeeping duties to maintain premises in compliance with Agency safety and housekeeping practices includes vacuuming and cleaning of restrooms, etc., some of which will require working outside in the elements.
2. Perform shipping and receiving duties such as unloading and loading trailers (may use powered equipment), safely and efficiently.
3. Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work as a team member; demonstrate the ability to work independently.
4. Embrace the empowerment and continuous improvement culture in our agency. Display and encourage the ability to offer suggestions and make decisions that will positively impact the store and cause our business to grow.
5. Able to accept and load donations of clothing, furniture, appliances and other household goods.
6. Able to perform sorting and packing tasks to secure donations.
7. Able to maintain records and reports of donations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.