Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team.
The function of this position is to provide transportation to the participants within Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley service areas. Assistance, as directed, within the program areas and route development is a major function of this position. Maintain the policies and procedures of GESMV.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Transport participants to and from program services, medical, non-medical appointments and job sites, as scheduled, providing door-to-door assistance.
2. Ensure appropriate safety measures while driving GESMV vehicles.
3. Maintain safe, secure and clean physical environment (e.g. seat belts fastened, wheelchairs secured, vans washed and swept).
4. Follow established centers policy regarding participant confidentially.
5. Observe participants for abuse and neglect, as well as, communicable disease and their general emotional, mental and physical condition. Report all suspected abuse to the Program Coordinator or the Immediate Supervisor. 6. Accurately record daily mileage, drop off and pick up times and participants’ attendance.
7. Must present all documentation concerning client contact, transfer receipts, log sheets and other required billing documentation to the designated supervisor and/or staff on a daily/weekly basis.
8. Where applicable, collect fares for each documented trip (Good Rides & RTA/Project Mobility ONLY). Assure appropriate fare is collected if cash transaction. Assure appropriate change is provided as needed. All cash shall be submitted daily to DD Supervisor or Designee.
9. Planned, efficient maintaining of the participants’ routes and schedules.
10. Conduct and document daily safety/vehicle and wheelchair checklist and report needed repairs to Immediate Supervisor.
11. Must be responsible for refueling, checking oil and fluids of the vehicle after each shift
12. Must attend all required Agency safety workshops and meetings.
13. Provide courteous and professional service at all times.
14. Follows scheduled route, with no unauthorized or personal stops, to complete an efficient pick up/drop off schedule.
15. Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work.
16. Must be available to travel to assist other agency programs.
17. Adhere to Ohio Safety Laws at all times.
18. Complete specific training in transferring and lifting of target population. Training provided in emergency procedures.
19. All other duties as agreed upon with Program Coordinator and/or Immediate Supervisor.
20. Must have security check and drug test.
21. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards throughout work areas and maintain same to meet CARF, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
Education Requirements :
High School Diploma or a GED. Valid Ohio State Drivers’ License and at least 2 years experience transporting the target population. Driver must complete a DRIVE Training course within 6 months of hire of employment. Driver must complete the National Safety Council’s or The Ohio Department of Transportation or an AAA/PAA Approved Defensive Driving Course within 6 months of hire. Refresher courses for DRIVE and Defensive Driving must be completed every 3 years thereafter. Driver must complete ODA approved Aging Sensitivity course within 6 months of hire. Drivers must complete Emergency First Aid and CPR. Drivers must complete HIPPA Training.
Experience Requirements :
At least 2 years experience transporting the target population.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must maintain the ability to pass a criminal background check and random drug screens.
Skills & Abilities :
1. Demonstrate initiative
2. The ability to work cohesively within a team
3. Knowledge of the city and surrounding communities and the ability to read a map.
4. Ability to show care, warmth, patience, and nurturing to the target population.
5. Must be able to follow through with projects in a timely manner.
6. Acceptance of GESMV’s Mission and Purpose.
1. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, general business instructions, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
2. Ability to write business correspondence and routing reports.
3. Ability to speak effectively with staff, program participants and the general public.
1. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
2. Ability to deal with daily operational challenges with a calm demeanor.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.