Do you have a desire to work for an organization driven by empowerment and full inclusion? Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is one of the largest employers in the region; with the mission to empower those with disadvantages and disabilities to improve their quality of life. We employ over 600 associates just in our retail stores alone. GESMV also offers over 40 programs and services to the community ranging from job readiness programs to assistive technology services. We are always looking for driven, enthusiastic people to join our team.
Janitor I/Floor Care
To clean assigned area to an acceptable level of quality. Perform floor care, such as: dust mopping, wet mopping, stripping and scrubbing, and carpet spot cleaning.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintain a safe and clean environment.
2. All other duties as agreed upon with the Program Coordinator.
3. Comply with all Agency policies, procedures and safety standards and ensure safety training throughout areas and maintain same to meet CARF, OSHA, Department of Labor and other regulatory standards.
Ability to read or identify names of chemicals on containers.
Experience with proper use of chemicals and equipment.
Skills & Abilities
1. Practical knowledge of custodial work, including cleaning and waxing compounds, mechanical equipment used.
2. Ability to read or identify names of chemicals on containers.
Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other classification protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including, but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions, and terminations.