Atlanta Motorsports Park, a motorsports country club and racing circuit for supercars, race cars, motorcycles and karts is seeking a rock-star salesperson to spearhead the expansion of its fast-growing corporate events division.
As a key member of our sales team, your role is to act as the on-site liaison for all inbound corporate sales inquiries on both our kart racing and road circuits as well as our state of the art track side conference and events facility. You will also be responsible for driving all outbound direct marketing to potential new corporate clients.
We are looking for a high energy team player with a heart for hospitality and direct experience of coordinating all the moving parts that come together to create a great event.
You will need to demonstrate a creative, solution-focused approach to closing sales leads as well as a proven track record as a successful self-starter able to generate new revenue opportunities and meet company sales goals. As a brand ambassador for our corporate events division, you will need excellent communication skills and a genuine appreciation for the motorsports industry. While prior knowledge of motorsports is not essential, the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a genuine interest in all things automotive and an ability to learn more about the sector.
- Proven track record in sales (Minimum 3 years experience)
- Experience within the events industry
- Passion for motorsports OR genuine interest in automotive and an appetite to learn more about the motorsports sector
- Identify, qualify and solicit new business to achieve personal and property revenue goals
- Close the best opportunities based on market conditions and the company’s needs
- Develop and execute effective sales plans and actions
- Work closely with and take direction from team members to develop creative ideas and proposals for events
- Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close business and negotiate contracts
- Produce customary monthly reports and others as requested
- Respond to and manage the volume of incoming opportunities
- Convert inbound sales leads by identifying client needs and finding the best event solution
- Maximize revenue by upselling packages, add-ons, cross-selling
- Work closely with AMP’s event logistics team to help execute the client’s vision
- Act as duty manager/host for larger corporate events
- Target accounts, markets, or segments with a heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation
- Contact/email sales leads from company databases
- Develop and implement strategies to generate leads in high producing market segments
- Generate leads from cold calls
- Attend industry networking events to generate leads and promote the brand
- Attend field marketing events
- Work with the events team to continue to refine our core service offering and help identify new corporate events offerings
- Identify and help develop new revenue streams
- Stay up to date with our competitor market
- identify new trends and target audiences
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings through sales calls, site visits, etc.
- Develop relationships within the community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities
- Manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Posting ID: 547146900Posted: 2020-01-31