Are you looking to have fun while making a difference in someone's life?Who We Are
At Americare we make a difference in the everyday lives of others and we are proud of the work we do. We have created communities that embrace our team members like family. We have a culture of recognition, empowerment and a side of fun. Our senior living communities are places where excellence thrives and that we call home. Americare has earned both the 2020 Customer Approved and Employee Approved awards from Lincoln, Nebraska–based healthcare-intelligence firm NRC Health! We provide competitive compensation with annual performance wage rate increases.
A few of our benefit highlights:
- Access to wages daily
- Vaccines for employees
- Free meal per shift
- Bonus Incentives
- Tuition assistance
- Vacation/Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurances
- Free Professional Employee Coaching
- 401(k) plan with company contributions
- Advancement Opportunities
Interested in joining the Americare Family?
Browse our current job openings in your area. CURRENTLY OFFERING $3 for Evening and Night Shift Differential Position Summary:
The Charge Nurse is a licensed nurse who is responsible for the oversight and provision of care to the Community Residents/Patients. The Charge Nurse is responsible for discharging their duties as per the Nurse Practice Act of their State of employment. This position may oversee the Team of Caregivers providing services to our Residents/Patients. The Charge Nurse is responsible to assure staff performs these functions as per Community Policy and as well State and Federal laws. Maintains professional behavior while functioning as an interdisciplinary team member. Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functio
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all nursing service and its administration and clinical supervision
- Interprets all nursing policies/procedures to nursing personnel. Determines that nursing care standards /nursing policies/procedures are followed according to written guidelines
- Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nursing staff (RN, LPN, C.N.A., CMT, CMA) as necessary.
- Responsible for the completion of Resident/Patient assessments monthly and as needed, notifying physicians and families of change in condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing orders, updating care plans according to Resident/Patient needs, assuring ADL's Residents/Patients are met, admitting, transferring/discharging Residents/Patients per Policy.
- Providing medication and treatments as order by the attending physician/designee.
- Adheres to the Americare Mission/Vision, Home Town Hospitality and F.A.M.I.L.Y. Values, Employee Culture Statement and Company Policy and Procedures.
- Makes rounds to assure the care of the Resident/Patient is being administered as per Americare Policy/Standards and culturally acceptable.
- Makes supervisor aware of significant changes in Resident/Patient condition, the need to transfer to the Acute Care setting, grievances and concerns.
- Immediately reports concerns regarding incidents and accidents and/or Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation to the Director of Nursing and Administrator as per Americare Policy and Procedure and State and Federal Requirements.
- Assures communication of supply, equipment, stock medications and related items are communicated to appropriate personnel.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Indoor with adequate lighting and ventilation, carpet, tile, concrete floors. May include outdoor or public activities or attending recreational events with residents.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands of this position include:
- Standing, sitting, walking, changing of position, reaching, extending hands & arms, reach across midline, crouching, balancing, kneeling, stooping, bending, lifting 25 lbs from sit to stand & push, pull, lower 100 lbs and push resident in wheelchair 350 lbs.
Category 1, possibility of exposure on daily basis. Required use of personal protective equipment Safety Equipment:
- When administering resident care, gait belt, two man lift policy and use of mechanical lifts in noted facilities.
- Use of PPE is required when appropriate to prevent exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Mandatory reporting of all work related injuries within 12 hours to supervisor with participation in required documentation.
- Participation in our drug testing procedures is a mandatory part of employment with this facility.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Auditory: to hear and understand verbal request,
- Visually: be able to read necessary information to complete work tasks,
- Verbally: communicate with customers and others on your team
Hours can vary depending on coverage and demands of the community.Qualifications/ Education/Experience/SkillsEducation
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (RN)
- Current Registered Nurse license
- Maintains current state registration and ongoing education
Americare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Americare does not discriminate in employment opportunities, decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or disability, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by law (may also be called "protected class"). In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Americare will be based upon merit, qualifications and abilities. Americare will also make reasonable accommodations for qualifiedindividuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Americare. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, training, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Americare Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
We offer employees access to wages on demand