The Meat Cutter first and foremost is responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. He/She will perform all meat processing, sanitation, safety and stocking procedures on all fresh meat products (beef, pork, and chicken) as outlined by company and directed by management.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest.
- Follow daily work schedule as assigned by management.
- Follow dress code in accordance with team member handbook and all required health codes.
- Follow attendance and tardiness guidelines in accordance with team member handbook and training video.
- Perform market duties such as cutting, grinding and wrapping fresh meat products according to proper procedure to ensure product quantity, quality and freshness.
- Stocks and rotates product and ensures trim specifications are followed and proper temperatures are maintained in all phases of meat preparation, display and storage.
- Prevent shrink and control expenses by following the proper weighing, labeling, code dating and handling of reworked and reduced-to-clear items.
- Perform market duties in accordance with company guidelines to ensure proper handling for guest safety, convenience and value.
- Perform market duties such as stocking, wrapping; clean up as assigned by management in accordance with company guidelines.
- Perform any other related duties as requested or required by management.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the meat cutter duties, including but not limited to standing, bending, lifting, squatting, climbing and walking.
- Ability to lift to a height of 4 feet, items weighing up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and complete company forms for sales reporting purposes.
- Ability to work for periods of up to 8-10 hours in 50 degree temperatures. (controlled atmosphere for sanitation purposes)
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude.
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others.
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations.OUR MISSION
Ultimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact
Posting ID: 547494286Posted: 2020-07-14