As a banquet server, it is essential that you maintain an energetic, friendly and accommodating nature at all times. It is your responsibility to see that each guest is made to feel special and enjoys our atmosphere and the private event they are hosting/attending. The essential function of the banquet server position is to skillfully and enthusiastically care for the needs of the guests while coordinating the flow of the event; therefore, the basic requirement of the job is twofold: First, a banquet server must possess an expert knowledge of customer service without exception. Second, a banquet server must possess excellent communication skills in order to communicate effectively with their coworkers, kitchen staff, managers and guests in order to ensure a smooth event. Our servers must also be ready and willing to serve guests inside or outside based on seasonal venues! Additionally, our servers are Lindy’s AMBASSADORS and one of our best forms of advertisement, you will be required to know how to refer potential business to the event coordinator and sell Lindy’s as a great place for dinner or private functions!
Activities & Responsibilities
- Building repeat cliental by ensuring 100% customer satisfaction every time
- Promptly and accurately taking care of all guests needs, wants, and concerns
- Correctly taking food orders when necessary and quickly entering them into Micros
- Prepare and serve accurate drink orders promptly
- Carries service trays confidently throughout the restaurant
- Serves customers in a professional manner as per training guidelines
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Perform proper wine bottle service when appropriate
- The lead banquet server will ring in the event in micros and collect and submit payments and responsibly handle cash, credit cards, gift cards, and change
- The lead banquet server will fill out the banquet recap form and ensure that all set-up and break-down tasks are completed
- The lead banquet server will communicate with the kitchen staff to coordinate and ensure the required food schedule is maintained and that buffets are filled prior to any item running out
- Must return all banquet equipment to the banquet closet after the conclusion of the event and maintain the order and cleanliness of the banquet closet
- Responsible for setting up the room and tables properly so that the guests expectations are met and exceeded, this included applying linens, folding napkins, and setting silverware properly
- Responsible for decorating the buffet and support tables to standards set by the event coordinator or as necessary
- Aids in maintaining service areas such as kitchen, dining room, bar and service stations during entire shift, this includes stocking and rotating fruits, keeping up with ice-tea and coffee brews, etc.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Must alert manager on the floor or event coordinator to any and all guest or host issues/concerns/questions
- Must possess expert knowledge of our catering and beverage menus, and be able to describe in detail all components of a specific dish or beverage
- Must possess proficiency with our POS system, including all modifications, and be able to ring in your event by seat number accurately every time
- Must carry a wine key and server bank to be able to make change for guests during cash bars. Server bank should consist of 1) ten dollar bill 2) two five dollar bills 3) ten one dollar bills 4) five dollars in assorted change. It is a server’s responsibility to carry a bank for every shift.
- Must be very accommodating in nature; Lindy’s will do everything possible to ensure a successful and pleasant event
- Must be sure to roll the appropriate amount of silverware after the conclusion of the event
- Must understand how to enroll new customers in our loyalty program and assign points to existing members correctly
- Will assist the host with any needs that the server is capable of achieving, it is your job to do whatever you can to make the event as seamless as possible for the host.
- Must be skilled at service and timing. Understanding ongoing table maintenance, drink refills, removing dirty plates, how to handle a spill, how to handle a guest complaint, how to handle food allergies, all in a timely fashion in order to enhance the guest experience
- Work hard and be a team player! This sounds simple, but it means that you should be willing and able to assist in other positions when necessary. You should bus your own tables as often as possible, run your own food as often as possible, or at least be available to pass your own orders tableside, and of course offer support to your fellow servers
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- The BIG THREE! Show up every shift ON TIME (10 minutes early), with a PERFECT UNIFORM, and with a GREAT ATTITUDE! If you can master these three things, there’s very little else that can go wrong!
- Must be a fast learner. Able to learn drink menus, food menu, MICROS, procedures and protocol with-in two weeks.
- Must be 21+ years of age
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions preferred
- A fun and friendly, positive and professional work attitude at all times, a sense of humor is preferred
- Complete Basset certification and training and obtain your food handlers certificate
- A strong desire to ensure customer service and 100% satisfaction
- Previous restaurant experience required, serving experience preferred
- Ability to actively stand and walk for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to confidently carry food and drink trays that may weigh up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to correctly use our POS system
- Strong food and beverage menu knowledge
- Efficient multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with others well, teamwork is key!
Posting ID: 54750210Posted: 2020-02-19