The bar-back position is a FOH support position. They are responsible for working directly with the bartenders at Lindy’s. Bar-backs primarily help bartenders maintain inventory, clean glassware and stemware, stock fruit garnish trays, all while cleaning and maintaining a sanitary work environment, including but not limited to: bar top, bar tables, liquor wells, etc. Bar-backs are also responsible for transporting dirty dishes to the dish station, rotating product, mixing large batches of popular drinks, and changing kegs on a regular basis. They are often required to stay until bar close many nights, so they must be prepared for late night hours over the weekend and holidays.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Remove dirty dishes and glassware from the bar
- Maintain a clean and safe beer cooler, wine rack storage, and liquor room
- Stock beer, wine and liquor inventory upon request and re-stock/rotate inventory every shift, may also be required to mix large batches of popular cocktails
- Responsible for properly maintaining and properly executing Lindys food waste program
- Washing glassware in bar dishwasher, taking dish and bus bins from behind bar to dish area, keeping the bar top and the bar stations clean and properly stocked including ice and fruit garnishes
- Changing out soda bags and kegs promptly upon running out
- Washing the bar mats and floor at the end of every shift and following all appropriate closing procedures
- Maintain cleanliness of restrooms during bar hours (after bussing staff shifts have ended) or upon request.
- Trash removal from behind bar
- Assists in the maintenance of bar equipment
- Help get the needs of our guests met to the best of your ability or by alerting bartender for service when necessary
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- The BIG THREE! Show up every shift ON TIME, with a PERFECT UNIFORM, and with a GREAT ATTITUDE! If you can master these three things, there’s very little else that can go wrong!
- Must be able to work until bar close.
- Must be at least 18years old
- Required to lift heavy objects (up to 60lbs)
- A fun and friendly, positive and professional work attitude at all times
- Must embrace fast paced shifts and keep up with demand
- Must be able to work without a break for up to 5 hours
- Basset alcohol training and certification
Posting ID: 54750211Posted: 2020-02-19