A FOH support/Bus staff position requires a team oriented, “all hands in”, professional mentality at all times. FOH Support personnel are essential and key employees in charge of maintaining all restaurant operating areas. FOH support employees have many areas of focus which include but are not limited to: Supporting service staff in the dining room by assisting with drink refills, pre-bussing between courses, stocking small wares, refilling ice bins, removing bus tubs and trash receptacles, restroom maintenance, re-setting tables, maintaining the dining room appeal, attending to all dining room sanitation (floors and carpets), processing all food waste properly, as well as maintaining a pleasant and friendly rapport with our guests and staff. Priority should be given to prompt attention to cleanliness and resetting tables for turnover.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Honor scheduled section and come prepared for that specific venue
- Clear and sanitize tables, chairs, and booths after guests departure, re-setting tables quickly and perfectly. This is your priority and you will have to learn to carry a tray to achieve maximum efficiency in clearing tables in a timely manner.
- Assist servers with the removal of used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course if appropriate
- Assist servers with water, soda and coffee refills if time allows or alert appropriate staff to customer’s needs
- Be available to rearrange furniture to accommodate larger parties or banquets upon request
- Responsible for performing all opening and closing procedures (extra duties may be assigned based on seasonal needs), and must be checked out by a manager at the end of each shift
- Take soiled tableware to dish station and scrape, unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, food waste, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish station area
- Restock cleaning products and ice when necessary
- Maintain exterior and parking lot, including front porch deck, parking lot debris, beach deck and beach debris, beach grooming, etc.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 60 minutes and clean/stock as needed
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and communicate guest requests to server as needed
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service
- Thank guests as they are leaving, be generally friendly at all times, and smile on the floor!
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor. Be flexible to the immediate needs of the restaurant, whether it be helping unload deliveries, bagging ice, etc.
- Maintain bus tubs throughout the dining room and/or bar
- Remove bar and/or service area trash, and abide by all of Lindy’s food waste program protocol
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- The BIG THREE! Show up every shift ON TIME, with a PERFECT UNIFORM, and with a GREAT ATTITUDE! If you can master these three things, there’s very little else that can go wrong!
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our guests and staff, communication is key!
- Be able to lift (up to 50 pounds), reach, bend and stoop
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Must be comfortable in busy, fast-paced environments
- Must have a positive attitude at all times
- Being bilingual is an advantage
Posting ID: 54750220Posted: 2020-02-19