A FOH support/food running staff position requires a team oriented, “all hands in”, professional mentality at all times. FOH Support personnel are essential and key employees in charge of maintaining all restaurant operating areas. When food running, FOH support employees have many areas of focus which include but are not limited to: Supporting service staff in the dining room by running food, assisting with drink refills, pre-bussing, stocking small wares, refilling ice bins, bringing appropriate condiments to table upon request or alerting appropriate service staff of a tables needs. Food runners are also vital in the kitchen and should be ready and willing to assist the expediter with their immediate needs. Food runners will assist with keeping the kitchen area clean and clear of any debris, and will also maintain and stock the condiment cooler/station. Priority will be getting food out of the kitchen in a very timely fashion, while good balance, hustle and awareness of your surroundings are your keys to success in this position.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Run food trays quickly and efficiently to the correct tables and setting plates at the proper seat numbers
- Food delivery to tables, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Must come prepared to work and be ready to go in a clean uniform
- Assist servers with the removal of used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course if appropriate
- Assist servers with water, soda and coffee refills if time allows or alert appropriate staff to customer’s needs
- Responsible for performing all opening and closing procedures (extra duties may be assigned based on seasonal needs), and must be checked out by a manager at the end of each shift
- Take soiled tableware to dish station and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, food waste, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area
- Assist dishwashers by putting away dishes in appropriate places when time allows
- Restock to-go station, condiment stations and ice bins when necessary
- Respond appropriately to guest requests and communicate guest requests to server as needed
- Be generally friendly at all times, and smile on the floor!
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor. Be flexible to the immediate needs of the restaurant, whether it be helping unload deliveries, bagging ice, etc.
- Must be accommodating to the needs of the EXPO, as a support position suggests you are here to help and should do so politely and enthusiastically
- Must adhere to all opening and closing procedures and must be checked out by a manager at the end of each shift
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- The BIG THREE! Show up every shift ON TIME, with a PERFECT UNIFORM, and with a GREAT ATTITUDE! If you can master these three things, there’s very little else that can go wrong!
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Must obtain food handlers certificate
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our guests and staff, communication is key!
- Be able to lift (up to 50 pounds), reach, bend and stoop
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Must be comfortable in busy, fast-paced environments
- Must have a positive attitude at all times
- Being bilingual is an advantage
Posting ID: 54750228Posted: 2020-02-13