As a groundskeeper, your primary responsibility will be the upkeep of the Lindy’s Landing property. Specific areas of our property include but are not limited to: the beach, the pavilion, the beach deck, the dining deck & the marina. Duties will involve many property grooming tasks and performing or assisting any special projects assigned by the project manager or head of maintenance.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Raking and removing seaweed from the beach and then disposing of it properly
- Filling in sand pits and piles created by rainfall or guests
- Removing and disposing of debris left in the sand
- Raking the sand to a uniform level
- Returning all tools and supplies to the garage and storing them properly
- Keeping the garage tidy and organized
- Sweeping the boat launch and properly removing any debris
- Sweeping thoroughly under the pavilion and making sure any debris is cleared and the area is as presentable as possible
- Sweeping the beach deck free from sand and debris
- Assist with putting up umbrellas on the picnic tables on the beach and on the dining deck
- May be asked to assist with power-washing duties
- May be asked to assist with painting duties
- May be asked to assist with unloading orders and putting away items to proper locations in the building
- May be asked to assist with additional projects as needed
- Adjust the picnic tables under the pavilion or on the beach as required or requested
- May be required to clear and clean outdoor trash receptacles by request
- Check your list of daily assigned projects or check in with the project manager or head of maintenance
- Must check the parking lot and dispose of any debris bottles, plastic cups, cigarette butts, etc.
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- Show up on time and ready to work in clothing that will likely get dirty
- Must be reliable and on time for every shift, this is a position for early-risers as we want to have our property looking presentable prior to the arrival of customers
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Basic knowledge of tools and other cleaning equipment that may be required
- A fun and friendly, positive and professional work attitude at all times, a sense of humor is preferred
- Ability to actively stand and walk for up to 8 hours.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Strong work ethic is required and the ability to self-manage and get jobs done in a timely fashion is necessary to perform this position well
- Efficient multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work with well with others when necessary, teamwork is key!
Posting ID: 54750230Posted: 2020-02-19