The host is the first and last point of contact with Lindy’s guests! Our host staff is responsible for warmly greeting and quickly seating customers in a fashion that contributes to the smooth, efficient operation of the restaurant. Lindy’s boasts a clean, fun, fast-paced, high-energy and teamwork oriented environment so our hosts must possess poise, multi-tasking abilities, fantastic communication and organizational skills, and have the ability to work under intense pressure. We also prefer our hosts to practice maturity during their shifts, possess short term memory skills, knowledge of true hospitality and Lindy’s history. We also require that hosts are very familiar with our location (as to provide directions), menus, private event info, daily specials, entertainment schedule, parking options, emergency exits and our: POS, reservation and phone systems. Our hosts must be reliable and able to manage reservations and waitlists simultaneously. They must be polite, practice proper phone etiquette, and follow to-go order procedures perfectly every time. In addition, our hosts must be comfortable calling and arranging taxis or ubers and, maybe most importantly, they LOVE TO SMILE! Lindy’s main objective is 100% customer delight from the minute the customer walks in the door until the minute they leave.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Greeting our guests quickly and courteously, with a smile, asking the proper questions with authority, poise and confidence. Our hosts never turn our backs away from the front door, are never on our cell phones and always anticipate our guests’ needs
- Required to be at the hostess stand at all times unless seating a table, if there are 2+ hosts scheduled one host will always remain up front
- Provide guests with menus and inform them of their server’s name upon seating
- Assign guests to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate guest count
- Accommodates special needs of guests and communicates any needs to appropriate staff
- Assists dining room staff during rush periods by clearing and cleaning tables whenever possible
- Our hosts are able to skillfully explain our restaurant seating options, including the dining room, sports bar, dining deck, beach deck, or beach
- Distributes the daily specials to the various stations and changes the boards to reflect the specials of the day
- Our hosts skillfully answer our phones cheerfully, are able to answer multiple lines, can transfer calls, and generally follow proper phone etiquette, take carryout orders correctly, always utilizing and filling in all the information on the to-go order pads, taking reservations quickly and efficiently, asking if there are any special accommodations we can make, etc.
- Will remain in constant contact with the expo to be able to quote appropriate wait times on takeout orders
- Our hosts have a proficient working knowledge of our NO WAIT system, which encompasses the current seating chart, how to put a guest on our wait list with an accurate wait time estimate, how to page the guest via text message, how to follow up with guests should we exceed the quoted wait time, and how to explain its use to customers in person or over the phone
- Customers on a waitlist will be offered menus to peruse, encouraged to enjoy the bar while they wait or they will be offered cocktails by the hostess who can ring in drinks and bring them to the waiting guest
- Required to follow CHOW NOW order procedures thoroughly every time to ensure correctness
- Operate cash register to accept all payment types for food and beverages, and tender proper change when necessary, are responsible for keeping their cash drawer within $1 variance over/short
- Maintaining a clean and welcoming entrance area at all times and making sure the glass on the entrance doors are cleaned and maintained throughout the day
- Stocking mints and toothpicks throughout the shift
- Should always be composed and chatting up customers as you walk them back to their table (never be more than a step or two ahead of the group)
- Must adhere to uniform restrictions and policies at all times, dress to impress and look professional!
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the restrooms including changing waste baskets, changing out toilet paper and paper towel rolls, filling soaps, etc.
- Able to explain our loyalty program and sign customers up, and also be able to assign points to existing members
- Must have knowledge of all of our menu items and upcoming events to best be able to answer all of our guest’s questions
- Communicates customer and/or employee difficulties to management
- Thanking our guests warmly upon departure and inviting our guests to return soon, smiling!
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- The BIG THREE! Show up every shift ON TIME, with a PERFECT UNIFORM, and with a GREAT ATTITUDE! If you can master these three things, there’s very little else that can go wrong!
- Able to stand and work on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be at least 16 years old (No work permits for persons under 16 permitted)
- No prior restaurant experience required
- Must have a friendly, positive and professional attitude at all times
- Ability to problem solve, and multitask while also being patient
- Impeccable grooming habits, phone skills and communication skills required
Posting ID: 54750233Posted: 2020-02-19