Lindy’s boasts a clean, fast-paced, high-energy, fun and collaborative kitchen environment with an emphasis on teamwork! Our cooks must be able to prepare meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking using a variety of equipment and utensils. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. One must maintain a clean and organized work environment at all times and have a good teamwork mentality and is willing to be flexible to the needs of the restaurant.
Activities & Responsibilities
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods.
- Be willing and able to help unload deliveries as needed
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen
- Check schedulefly at least once a day to keep yourself informed with the most current information pertaining to your job and the restaurant as a whole
- Maintain a positive attitude even when enduring high volume, high stress shifts
Tools & Technology
- Carbonated beverage dispenser
- Commercial use:
- blenders, choppers, cubers, dicers, grinders, processors, and/or slicers
- broilers, deep fryers, griddles, grills, microwave ovens, ovens, ranges, rotisseries, steamers, and/or toasters
- coffee or iced tea makers
- dough machines
- food warmers
- measuring cups
- Ice dispensers
- Point of sale terminal
- Roasting machinery
- Must have great stamina and be able to stand and work on feet for long periods of time.
- Two or more years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking is preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel, being bilingual is an advantage
- Must have a friendly, positive and professional attitude at all times
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50+ pounds
- Must obtain food handler’s certificate
Posting ID: 54750238Posted: 2020-02-19