The Neiman Marcus Product Management Team is looking for a skilled Senior Manager to create unique, Neiman Marcus only available luxury service experiences blending physical interactions with digital experiences. We are looking for someone passionate about defining strategy, establishing a business model and partnering cross-business to create operational plans, end to end. Every single day, this person will encourage and champion cross-functional teams across Neiman Marcus on a new way to think, innovate and deliver world-renowned services, at scale.
As the Sr. Product Manager, Experience Design you will work closely with Client Services, Store Operations, Sales Associate Platform team and various Digital teams to push the thinking on creating and delivering outstanding services that our highly skilled Sales Associates will deliver both within stores and online. You will constantly be feeding insights and ideas to improve and expand the service, grounded in data and encouraged outcomes. All of these opportunities will be grounded in consumer insights, validated through a test and learn approach, and quantified through outcomes!
You will work closely with a lean, cross-functional team that focuses on evolving some of our existing experiences as well as helping to build creative solutions for new concepts and services that satisfy customer needs, opportunities, or pain points in our customer's experience. You will need to be able to move from the big-picture 40,000-foot concepts to the ground-level implementation details without missing a beat.
You will lead design thinking activities to understand user needs, participate in problem definition, create high and low fidelity prototypes, craft the narrative to share their group's work with the broader organization. An especially important responsibility is creating testable MVPs. Design and user research exercises will be very frequent activities. You will be comfortable with researching in-store service opportunities and problems like our customers' experience in the fitting rooms, identifying the correct process and approach to employ for a variety of problems. This includes working with a cross functional team to build low fidelity service prototypes and/or MVPs to run experiments on proposed solutions and work with dedicated researchers to gain insights into our guests' experiences. On occasion, these solutions may include digital artifacts like web or mobile app interfaces.
This position requires someone who is comfortable working on loosely defined problems, leading groups in generative creative activities, all in a learn–fast atmosphere.
What you will work on
- Identify pain points and opportunities in our customers' experience with us and understand what customers really need and want.
- Lead user-centered design exercises (e.g., brainstorming activities and design sprints).
- Be the hands-on service design guide for the product team.
- Shape concepts through prototyping, user testing and pilot delivery. This includes using insights about people and behavior - verbally and visually - in a way that generates vision emotion, and engagement.
- Set the strategy, vision, experience, value proposition and business model for our Omni-luxury services across our stores and digital platforms
- Partner with Client Service team, Store Operations, Sales Associate Platform and Digital Product teams to together innovate on the Omni-Luxury Service propositions
- Identify financial growth targets and critical metrics for each new service; partner with our Analytics team to gather real-time analytics and identify larger trends and findings
- Lead weekly workstreams to constantly drive growth, optimization and outstanding execution of Omni-Luxury services
- Track and distribute results, success stories, areas of improvement
- Gain a shared understanding and alignment on the opportunity and long term value of Luxury Services to our consumer and our business.
- Serve as a center of excellence around Luxury services in digital and retail; encourage leadership and teams on what is possible.
- Plan, implement, and measure lean concept experiments with customers (clients and sales associates) for physical, service, and digital hypotheses.
- Facilitate design sprints, design thinking workshops and ideation sessions to supercharge new innovative ideas and build prototypes.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering leaders to develop a prioritized and groomed backlog aligned to the product roadmap
- Partner with an agile engineering team to participate in sprints, grooming, other agile ceremonies
- Identify requirements, design features and groom user stories
- Experience breaking down features into workable user stories
What will make you successful
- Ability to advocate for customers and usable product design.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing new concepts or programs in a fast paced, experiential retail environment.
- Demonstrated ability to improve a retail customer experience by recommending insight driven (data, trends, internal and external research) journey changes and space design requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services
- Ability to gather input from users and partners and use your extensive design thinking and industry experience to help shape project requirements and scope.
- Create design discovery artifacts such as journey maps, site maps, flow diagrams, prototypes and storyboards to help communicate the design approach and to gain alignment.
- Develop annotated low, medium, and high fidelity design assets, ensuring you offer multiple concepts to help elicit meaningful feedback.
- Build prototypes for testing and to interrogate designs and refine interactions.
- Collaborate with researchers to evaluate your designs.
- Build highly detailed design specifications that enable collaborating partners to implement the experience.
- Revise and update designs and documentation based on continuing user testing and customer feedback.
- Apply standard methodologies with strong consideration for accessibility, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
- Experience going through a full product lifecycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization and pre/post-launch execution.
- Worked directly with an agile engineering team to participate in sprints, grooming, other agile ceremonies
- Experience defining requirements and creating user stories
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree or an advanced, MA/MS Master's Degree
- 5+ years in retail experience as a product manager, user experience architect, product designer, service designer, creative lead, creative director, or similar role
- Strategic and growth attitude with demonstrated ability to drive growth with a design thinking approach
- Leadership and influencing skills that lend to leading teams, building positive relationships, and collaborating with internal and external partners
- Senior leadership presentation and communication skills
- Data-led business leader with brand intuition
- Experience with common design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.
- Collaborative individual with passion for coordinating with multiple partners
- Excellent Written and Verbal Skills