CSSO - General Pool - Greater Charlotte
Are you seeking a career that will challenge you to never stop short of remarkable? Do you have a passion for providing outstanding patient care in an acute care setting? Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine Novant Health is seeking Registered Nurses to join our CSSO unit
to serve as leaders of the healthcare team by establishing an authentic, personalized relationship with the patient and their support system. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
CSSO Registered Nurses are responsible for providing safe, continuous quality patient care in a variety of settings. The CSSO RN is part of a market based, corporate float pool team that is assigned to varying units during their shift to ensure that patient care needs are met within the assigned facility. These RN's possess the skills, competency and qualifications, as well as a requirement to work in 3 to 4 facilities
within a defined market: Greater Charlotte (GCM) market
. This group shall be known as the General Pool
. These employees are a part of Patient Care Services. The specialties within the CSSO float pool include: Medical Surgical/Telemetry, Critical Care, Behavioral Health, Emergency, Women's and Perioperative Services. Minimum two years' experience required.
The employee's Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understand how he or she contributes to the health system's vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. Critical Care Specific:
Hemodynamic monitoring, ventilator management, sedation and delirium management, continuous renal replacement therapy, hypothermia management, vasoactive medication management, cardiac rhythm interpretation and management, management of code blue, infection prevention management related to central lines, ventilators, foley catheters and pressure ulcers. Management of patient with neurological, pulmonary, cardiovascular, immunological, renal, and or gastrointestinal insufficiencies. Management of patients experiencing multi-organ dysfunction related to sepsis/septic shock. May serves as a mentor/coach, a code blue leader and/or RRT responder. Benefits of work at Novant Health:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- 403b and matching program
- Leadership development programs, tuition reimbursements, & financial assistance with certifications
- Recognized as one of the 50 best places for women and managers of diverse backgrounds to work
To learn more about Novant Health as an organization, its culture, Team Members and the communities we serve, visit novanthealth.org. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealthNursingHear what our nurses have to say about our culture!
- Education: Associates Degree Required Bachelor's Degree Preferred BSN Preferred
- Experience: CSSO RNs will fall into 1-2 of the following pre-determined sub-specialties: Medical Surgical/Telemetry RN, Critical Care RN, Emergency Services RN, Behavioral Health RN, Women's Service RN or Perioperative RN. Minimum two years experience Required Licensure/Certification/Registration: Current compact licensure in appropriate state Required Specialty Certification Preferred
- Additional Skills Required: Appropriate customer service, effective and appropriate customer relations, verbal and non-verbal communication techniques, interpersonal relationship skills, conflict resolution, critical thinking and computer literacy. Advanced training as required by department/unit/facility per identified skill set/sub category. Ability to successfully complete generic and department specific skills validation and competency testing. Has the ability to interpret information and identify each patient's requirement for care relative to his/her age specific need. Has the knowledge and skill necessary to modify care according to patient(s) age. Successfully complete the Cardiac dysrhythmia test or Cardiac dysrhythmia course within 3 months of hire. ACLS and NIH Stroke Scale certification upon hire or must be able to obtain within 6 months of hire (excluding BH). Emergency Department RN - CPI certification and NRP, PALS or ENPC Behavioral Health RN - CPI certification. Women's Service RN-NRP; Pediatrics-PALS Labor and Delivery, Antepartum RN -fetal monitoring course. Mother/Baby RN-breastfeeding course.
- Additional Skills Preferred: Proficient in cardiac rhythm interpretation. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) course. Specialty Certification. BH-Ability to perform all CPI physical holds.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".