Anchor Care and Rehabilitation Center is a 120-bed skilled nursing facility where we are dedicated to providing the highest quality of health care services to patient in addition to comprehensive short-term and long-term services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Work cooperatively with the Administrator, Human Resources and Director of Nursing in assessing educational needs and plan programs to meet these needs and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor certification and licensure status and renewals.
- Administer TB and Hepatitis B vaccines, as requested.
- Obtain, develop and maintain files regarding all programs presented to facility employees.
- Maintain a current schedule of all students and outside instructors who may be in the facility doing clinical training.
- Ensure all employees complete hours of required training during the required time period.
- Assist Human Resources with the new hire On-Boarding program.
- Conduct competency skills review on hire and annually for all nursing personnel.
- Provide skill training to new staff in any deficient area noted above before allowing the nursing assistant to perform the task with a resident.
- Coordinate and track all in-services regarding mandatory topics.
- Evaluate in-services training to develop programs that enhance resident care skills.
- Regularly check the competency of C.N.A. skill performance, positive regard for residents, and developmental needs of direct care staff. Provide 1:1 instruction immediately, if necessary.
- Participate in hiring process as screener/interviewer for all nursing department personnel, as requested.
- Participate in QA meetings to identify training needs.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to develop/present educational programs, as needed.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with required current state licensure.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in a health care setting; long-term care setting preferred.
- Must have a current/active CPR certification.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
Posting ID: 547521837Posted: 2020-07-14