Overview George E Wahlen Veterans Home is now hiring a dependable, safe, and dedicated Driver part time!
The Driver is responsible for assisting and safely transporting participants to and from the Facility and their residence Monday- Friday.
Today's aging population means there's a growing demand for healthcare professionals in post-acute care, and a wave of career opportunities available at Avalon Health Care!
We are looking for individuals who embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day! If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges, a rewarding career and opportunities for advancement!
Responsibilities Essential Job Functions include:
- Daily safety checks of the vehicle.
- Reporting immediately to the Transportation Coordinator any problems related to the vehicle, routing or scheduling.
- Reporting immediately to the Program Director any problems observed or encountered while transporting participants.
- Safe assistance and transportation of participants.
- Responsible handling of participant's personal belongings, medications and family communications which must be conveyed from the participant's residence to the Center.
- Maintaining good rapport with family caregivers and participants.
- Maintaining good rapport with the community.
- Daily cleaning of the interior of the vehicle.
- Daily "gas-up" and weekly fluid check of the vehicle.
- Assist with emergency evacuation of participants if inclement weather (e.g. a hurricane) is threatened or if there is a power failure or other reason that the Center must close during program hours.
- Coordinate driver emergencies in route with emergency assistance.
Candidates must have a high school diploma, a valid driver's license as required by the state and a clean driving record.
- Prior experience in transportation of the elderly and or physically/mentally challenged persons preferred.
- Must hold a currently valid driver's license as required by the State and a "no point" driving record verified by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Fluency in English is required. Depending on assigned area, knowledge of Spanish may be helpful.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pre-employment health evaluation by a licensed physician certifying good health and absence of infectious disease and freedom from communicable disease, including tuberculosis in the communicable form, according to acceptable screening methods of the Department of Health.
- Patience and tact necessary for contact with residents.
- Must be reliable and capable of working independently and remaining calm in case of emergency.
EEO Avalon Healthcare Management, Inc. is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Avalon is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Brenna Monsen, 801-596-8844, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 547532552Posted: 2020-07-27