Looking for a way to apply that boundless enthusiasm you wake up with every morning? We can help. At SONIC, you get great pay, flexible hours and a cool uniform-while doing the job you love.
As a SONIC Carhop, you are part of an elite group, filling a role offered by no other company. Being a Carhop (aka super cool food server) is like being an astronaut, only you work in a drive-in restaurant instead of space, and the food's way better. You're responsible for serving and delivering that food safely and efficiently, ensuring our guests have a truly out-of-this-world experience at SONIC Drive-In restaurants.
SONIC Carhop/Skating Carhop server duties may include:
• Ensuring that all restaurant menu items meet operational standards
• Greeting all guests in a polite and friendly manner with a smile
• Making accurate change quickly and efficiently for restaurant guests
• Carrying and balancing a tray weighing up to 25 pounds
• Serving our guests in a timely manner
• Clearing trays from our guests' cars
Depending upon the employment practices of the individual SONIC Drive-In restaurant owner, some SONIC Drive-Ins employ Skating Carhop servers:
• Skating Carhop servers are unique to the SONIC Drive-In restaurant brand and bring a special "surprise and delight" element to the guest experience.
• Skating Carhop servers must complete the SONIC Skating Training Program.
• Upon successful completion of this program, Skating Carhops perform the above duties while roller skating.
In the words of one of our Skating Carhop servers:
"From where I'm skating, working at SONIC is a blast and the tips are great too!"
Carhop/Skating Carhop server requirements:
? Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and holidays
? Ability to be flexible in all situations based on business need
? Effective communication skills; basic math and reading skills
? Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform and hygiene standards at SONIC
Skating Carhop server requirements:
? Successfully completed assigned SONIC Skating Training Program
? Roller skate proficiently and frequently on various surfaces when delivering food
? Ability to continuously stand, balance and carry a tray, and sweep while roller skating
? General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations preferred, but not required
Additional Carhop/Skating Carhop server Qualifications...
? Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous service to our restaurant guests!
? A willingness to cross-train on all the stations - it never gets boring here!
? A team player keen on cleanliness and safety.
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee's knees, cruisin' . . . you get the picture! It's downright sensational!!
All that's missing is you, so APPLY TODAY!
SONIC and its independent franchise owners are Equal Opportunity Employers.
Posting ID: 54760001Posted: 2020-02-19