Southern Correctional Medicine is a rapidly growing company; striving to be an innovative leader in providing health care to incarcerated individuals within the Georgia and Florida area County Jail systems.
We offer employees a competitive salarie based on qualifications and experience.
Southern Correctional Medicine is seeking an LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse, to join our team! You will be responsible for delivering high quality care to assigned patients.
Corrections experience is preferred but not required. You must have a valid and current Georgia LPN license.
- Responsible for the performance of basic nursing duties which include but are not limited to: intake / admission assessments, medication administration, sick call, the execution of physician orders and assisting the physician in examinations and treatment of inmates
- Provide basic patient care and treatment
- Collaborate with all clinical staff and providers to ensure timely access to health care services
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment
- Educate and update patients on medical treatments
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Must have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional / correctional setting
- Must be a quick learner and have leadership skills
- Familiarity with medical tools and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor all while maintaining professional correctional care
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type - Full Time and PRN Positions available
Posting ID: 547657868Posted: 2020-02-12