Thank you for your interest in joining the Big Lots team as a Power Material Handler!
Please note, this requisition is not an actual job vacancy. This requisition serves to establish a pipeline of interested candidates for current or future opportunities at Big Lots. As a Material Handler, you will play a key role in the success of the distribution center through:
Utilizes computer screen, RFterminals, distribution labels or hard copy reports to process merchandise withthe aid of manual and/or powered material handling equipment as directed by DCSupervisor. Receives, stocks, sorts, and distributes merchandise and otherinventory for shipment to the stores.
- Utilizes RF units, scanners, CRTs orhard copy reports to record in an accurate manner the movement of merchandisefrom the time it is received until it is selected and shipped.
- Operates various manual and/or powered material handling equipment to transport pallets of merchandise within the distribution center as directed.
- Moves empty pallets and storage racks as necessary to a specified location and stacks them in a neat and orderly manner.
- Confirms quantities of merchandise and other inventory to verify the accuracy of the order to be processed.
- Verifies distribution labels to ensure coordination with the order to be processed.
- Sorts, separates and labels units of merchandise and inventory to be processed. Places on pallets or conveyor lines as appropriate for distribution to the stores.
- Utilizes CRTs or hard copy reports to process damaged and/ or salvageable merchandise as directed.
- Monitors sort induction lines to ensure accurate scanning of distribution labels and effective processing of merchandise.
- Loads pallets or hand stacks cartons in trailers according to store delivery schedule and door assignments for shipment to the stores.
- Audits, verifies and completes a variety of production paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness of orders.
- Performs semi-routine duties where some judgment is required. Work is performed under defined and uniformed procedures.
- Exhibits reasonable care and operation of material handling equipment.
- Handles and stacks merchandise in such a way to prevent damage to merchandise and/or prevent unsafe and unstable loads.
- Performs general housekeeping duties within the department and assigned designated areas to ensure a safe and appropriate working environment.
- Maintains the integrity of our Mission, Vision and Values statement while performing daily job duties.
- Good English, reading, writing and math skills required.
- Ability to move a minimum of 60 pounds on a regular basis required. Furniture and Fixtures associates are required to lift a minimum of 60 pounds, with heavy lifting up to 110 pounds.
- Ability to effectively operate RF units, scanners and CRTs, as well as, perform data entry when necessary is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass in-house training program for powered material handling equipment operator's license, when applicable.
- Must be able to successfully pass physical abilities test for designated area.
- Must have 20/20 vision or corrected 20/20 and depth perception.
- Must not have a fear of heights.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment in a correct and safe fashion required.
- Flexibility to operate all powered material handling equipment to include but not limited to tuggers, sit-down, stand-up and turret side loaders.
- Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all associates within immediate work group, immediate department and the distribution center and to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented and meet production, safety and accuracy standards required.
- Ability to perform physical activity at a sustained pace within a distribution center environment including walking, bending and lifting is required.
Posting ID: 547750298Posted: 2020-10-20Job Title: Material Handler