Covenant Health is seeking a full time Social Worker (BSW) with the Social Worker Services Department at Covenant Health Partners.
Evaluation and assessment of patient needs for discharge planning assistance, planning and coordination of patient programs, and acting as a liaison between the patient, hospital, physician and community in the post acute venue with appropriate linkage of community services/resources. Demonstrates behavior, autonomy and decision making consistent with the values and ethical guidelines of the hospital as well as the professional code of ethics. Performs under minimal supervision.Essential Functions:
Minimum Position Qualifications:Education:
- Proactive evaluation and assessment of admissions for identified needs and discharge planning assistance.
- Acceptance and response to referrals from multi disciplinary heath care team and community regarding clients who may require social services assistance.
- Maintains current knowledge of the social welfare system, its programs, and applicability to patient and family needs.
- Demonstrates self-motivation and initiative by developing and maintaining current information on community resources through attendance of continuing education and professional associations.
- Documentation in the medical record concise and relevant to the patient's program, plan of care, and discharge planning information.
- Displays non-judgmental acceptance, maintains confidentiality, and establishes a positive rapport and working relationship with patients/family/visitors/staff/peers/community.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of student affiliation programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work from an accredited undergraduate program of Social Work.
- Coursework/Training - Training within the medical social venue ascertaining human resource and social services areas of responsibility.
Completion of 400 hour practicum in undergraduate program within a medical social venue.Licenses and Certifications:
Current Texas Social Work License with current certification to practice in the state of Texas. May operate under interim licensure while completing examination.Preferred Position Qualifications:Experience
: Experience in a hospital or health care setting.
Covenant Health System is a faith-based ministry, focused on caring for the whole person - body, mind, and spirit - working with others to improve health and quality of life in our communities. Thank you for applying with CHS. Your application will carefully be reviewed for the position(s) you have applied for. Please continue to seek career opportunities with us by visiting our web site at www.covenanthealth.org. Your interest in Covenant Health System is appreciated. Covenant Health System provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant Health System complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Posting ID: 547762949Posted: 2020-12-15Job Title: Social Worker - Lbsw