Under the direction of the Chief Executive, the VP of Operations has a high degree of independence required to achieve clinical operating and financial results consistent with approved strategic and operating plans, objectives and policies.
This position develops and implements effective and efficient integration strategies for two hospitals.
This position develops and maintains operating and capital budgets, variances type analysis, implements strategic and tactical plans, and dashboards/balanced scorecards to measure performance including volume growth, quality, customer satisfaction and financial target indicators.
Effective performance requires working closely with the Executive Leadership Team, Medical Staff leadership, Community Board and Service Line Directors to identify business strategies and market opportunities, as well as in-depth knowledge of state and federal regulations for the hospitals and clinical practice standards to ensure compliance with all regulatory, professional and agency requirements.
This position requires strong integration skills with political savvy building cohesiveness with multiple teams. Moreover, this position requires self-awareness and self-motivational skills, ability to function independently without direct supervision while involving and requesting assistance from the ministry CE and/or Regional COO.
A collaborative reporting relationship exists between the VP of Ops and Service Line Business Development Directors to ensure effective integration of activities into hospital operations. The position ensures delivery of high quality ambulatory care, growth, and cost effective health care consistent with Providence Health & Services core values, goals, and objectives. Core Values:
Demonstrates Providence St. Josephs Health System's Core Values of respect, justice, compassion, stewardship, and excellence to customers, employees, and visitors; and provides quality service in the performance of work assignments and duties.
The VP, Operations - NorCal HealthConnect will have the following accountabilities. S/he will:
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of the hospital's strategic priorities, initiatives, goals, tactics and action plans. Monitor progress of activities and adjusts resources to ensure desired outcomes are achieved
- Develop department policies and procedures to promote growth in ambulatory settings integration, improve organizational performance and increase patient and customer satisfaction.
- Be accountable for formulating, implementing and sustaining plans for improved customer and patient satisfaction using Studer, Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Oversee and manage a variety of outpatient, clinical and support services.
- Develop strategies to respond effectively meet the needs of the changing healthcare industry. Drive quality, patient experience and caregiver engagement outcomes. Foster innovation and program growth in support of strategic objectives.
- Manage business ventures of the hospital.
- Be accountable for ensuring that business development priorities and strategies are integrated into operations, budget and capital planning.
- Maintain positive relationships with the Medical Staff and monitor employee morale where applicable.
- Develop standards of performance, evaluate performance, and initiate or make recommendations for personnel actions in accountable areas.
- Coordinate pertinent activities related to the Joint Commission (TJC) and California Department of Public Health (CDPH), as well as the Los Angeles County of Public Health.
- Implement quality and safety improvement activities which promote employee/physician involvement in decision making and tie with organizational diversity efforts.
- Select, develop, and mentor leaders and department managers.
- Oversee departments' budgets and monitor variance against budget.
- Function as a member of Leadership, Operations Improvement Council, and other committees as required.
- Function as liaison with outside organizations, where applicable.
- Maintain professional growth and development through seminars, conferences, and professional affiliations.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Ideal education/experience for this position include:
About NorCal HealthConnect
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Five years' progressive leadership experience in health care business development, strategic planning and operational improvement.
- Experience in consolidating services across multiple hospitals.
- Significant experience leading teams, process group facilitation, project management and building management systems is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent program development, management, and leadership skills
- Political savvy
- In-depth knowledge of trends, legislation, and regulations affecting healthcare and hospitals
- Well-developed ability to work harmoniously with executive colleagues in a team-oriented management environment.
Across the United States, community hospitals are challenged to keep their doors open. In southern and northern Sonoma County, Petaluma Valley Hospital and Healdsburg District Hospital, each owned by their local health care districts, have struggled to remain viable for the future.
The good news is that patients throughout the county no longer need to worry about the fate of their local hospitals.
NorCal HealthConnect, LLC, a secular (non-religious) affiliate of Providence St. Joseph Health, has agreed to purchase and upgrade these hospitals - ensuring that patients do not lose vital access to a range of medical services, including nearby emergency rooms.
In the summer of 2020, both the Petaluma Health Care District (which owns Petaluma Valley Hospital) and the North Sonoma County Healthcare District (which owns Healdsburg District Hospital) unanimously approved NorCal HealthConnect's proposal to purchase their respective hospital.
In selecting NorCal HealthConnect, the health care districts are protecting their community members' ability to access high-quality local medical care 24/7, preserving jobs at the hospitals, securing resources for needed upgrades and improvements, infusing new investments into community services, and ensuring all existing services remain intact.
Healdsburg District Hospital
Healdsburg District Hospital (HDH) is committed to serve the healthcare needs of our patients with quality, compassionate care and responsible, innovative use of resources.
When we talk about "exceeding patient expectations," it's not just a clever marketing line. It's a meaningful description of what we're about at HDH. It's that focus that has earned us numerous awards, such as the Avatar Award for exceptional patient care and the Association of California Healthcare Districts (ACHD) Award in recognition of outstanding contributions to community health and wellbeing.
These are exciting times for our hospital and for you, the residents of the North Sonoma County Healthcare District. We've built a strong, vital healthcare community at HDH. Our entire team of physicians, nurses, and support staff is united in our goal of providing outstanding care for you and your family.
For more information, please visit https://healdsburgdistricthospital.org/about-us/ .