Overview Distribution Center Maintenance Mechanic - Weekend Shift - Friday, Saturday & Sunday 6:00 am - 6:30 pmOverview
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing a variety of semi-skilled tasks associated with the maintenance and repair of Distribution Center (DC) equipment. Including conveyor systems as well as assisting the facilities department with various tasks while meeting safety, quality, productivity, attendance and behavioral Vitamin Shoppe expectations. Effectively and efficiently uses established procedures, tools, equipment, and technologies to complete assigned duties.
Responsibilities Essential Functions:
(The reason this job exists is to perform these functions. These functions are performed regularly, seriously impacts other jobs, and there are a limited number of employees whom performance of the function can be distributed). Assist in the inspection, repair, adjustment and maintenance of conveyor systems, forklifts and packaging line equipment, bringing any issues to the attention of the Sr. Maintenance Mechanic.
Assist in the operation, testing, troubleshooting and diagnosis of problems and assist in correcting deficiencies in non-critical equipment/systems.
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosis and maintenance of control wiring and electrical circuits.
- Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosis and maintain of Sortation System Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) bringing any issues to the attention of the Sr. Maintenance Mechanic.
- Assist in the fabrication, repair, and modification and welding of facility equipment, supports, brackets and braces.
Complies with Vitamin Shoppe's policies, guidelines and procedures as well as state and federal regulations, OSHA requirements in the storage, handling and movement of product
- Assist in rebuilding, refurbishing, installing and modifying DC equipment including dock levelers, doors, racks and lighting systems.
- Complete work orders and assignments in accordance with instructions, manufacturer's recommendations and established policies and procedures.
- Safely performs assigned functions utilizing established processes, procedures and tools while meeting performance expectations for safety, quality, productivity and attendance
- Assist in the performance of preventive maintenance as assigned and completes necessary paperwork.
- Identify process improvements and bring them to the Manager's attention.
(Incidental to the purpose or the job. These functions are performed infrequently, and have little consequences to other jobs if not performed).
- Basic computer skills
- Generate e-mail and complete checklists.
- Identify parts, materials and supplies necessary to complete assignments.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e., painting, general building maintenance, light bulb/ballast replacement, etc.)
- Must be able to work Weekend Shift - Friday, Saturday & Sunday 6:00 am - 6:30 pm
Qualifications Equal Opportunity Policy
The Vitamin Shoppe is an equal opportunity employer. We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management is dedicated to ensuring the fulfillment of this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, separation, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, access to facilities and programs, training and general treatment during employment.
We firmly believe that every Health Enthusiast has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is to maintain a satisfied and productive team of Health Enthusiasts. The keys to reaching that goal are effective leadership, equal application of fair human resources policies, competitive wages and benefits, and close attention to all health enthusiast matters. The Vitamin Shoppe is committed to the principle of fair and impartial treatment of our Health Enthusiasts.
Health Enthusiasts with questions or concerns about equal employment opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of their Human Resources representative. We will not allow any form of retaliation against Health Enthusiasts who raise issues of perceived discrimination in good faith. To ensure our workplace is free of artificial barriers, violation of this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including discharge.