The Senior User-Experience (UX) Designer will create the interaction model and User Interface (UI) designs for a wide range of web and mobile projects for the Vitamin Shoppe's product portfolio to facilitate the solve of end user problems. This position directly supports digital demand and profitability goals. The Senior UX Designer collaborates with the product team, digital commerce, customer care, marketing, technology and creative services to create a positive experience and seamless digital journey for the Vitamin Shoppe customer.
- Lead User Experience (UX) design for digital initiatives for mobile, web and cross-platform customer journeys to create optimal ease of use for the customer.
- Set goals related to ensuring customers are satisfied and constantly evaluate business practices to see if those goals have been met.
- Translate customer experiences and product feature sets into process/navigational flows and user interaction models.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct user research, contextual and ethnographic studies, participatory design and usability testing.
- Utilize data analytics to help drive design decisions
- Work directly with the product team on UX for roadmap initiatives.
- Create process flows, annotated wireframes, design prototypes, and functional specifications, reviewing them with product and business owners for final approval.
- Design and extend mobile applications to integrate the user experience seamlessly with existing content and further enhance services.
- Work in an agile-based team environment with good organizational abilities and a minimum of department supervision.
- Target responsive design for multi-device compatibility; ability to generate prototypes of varying fidelity, across communication platforms (i.e. email, text) and interfaces.
- Participates on special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- 5-7 years of professional experience as an interaction designer, user experience designer, or similar role.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, including writing user stories, participating in daily stand ups, sprint planning.
Skill & Ability:
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated experience with building user interfaces across a range of platforms specifically apps and mobile web
- Digital/e-commerce design experience, including ADA compliance
- Proven track record presenting to and influencing others while defending your design decisions with sound rationale.
- An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, wireframes, mockups and specs) across desktop and mobile devices
- Advanced proficiency with design tools including Sketch, Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and rapid prototyping tools such as Axure, Pixate, Invision, Flinto and FramerJS to support usability testing
- Ability to collaborate, earn trust, and be excited to work with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts
- Sharp eye for detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize projects, tasks, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated visual design and motion design expertise through mockups, style guides, and prototypes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Be a self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
Posting ID: 547772648Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Senior Designer