GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT
The operation project coordinator provides administrative and project management support to the Department of Nursing and the Center for Nursing Excellence (CNE). The operations project coordinator is expected to make judgments concerning priorities, to use initiative in improving processes and systems which will contribute to attainment of organizational objectives, to understand the goals and responsibilities of the organization. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports and oversees the Department of Nursing Committee and Council structure's administrative responsibilities such as meeting schedules, agenda development, production and distribution of meeting materials and preparation of required reports on project status and activities. Assures that the committee action items and project activities are managed consistent with project plans and may execute tasks from the plans. Continuously assesses and makes effective recommendations to address any barriers or obstacles to achieving committees' goals. Maintains all relevant committee documentation.
- Proactive and engaged in administratively facilitating the nursing orientation program for all new hires. Collaborate with clinical educators to develop weekly orientation schedules. Communicate schedules and resources to new hires. Maintaining orientation tools and resources.
- Manage administrative functions of nursing education programs such as: schedule program sessions, prepare required resources, communicate program schedule to nurse directors and professional development managers, maintain programs' attendance, and participate in program development.
- Supports e-learning initiatives for Patient Care Services and Department of Nursing as a HealthStream Administrator. Duties may include managing student accounts, creating and maintaining online courses and curricula, running and analyzing reports, and leading troubleshooting when necessary.
- Oversees department's intranet and website content and communication and SharePoint sites. Ensures that content is accurate, grammatically correct, and reflects the diverse nature of the department.
- Participate in the development / timeline and action plans to progress the BWH Magnet re-designation program initiative. Works closely with the Nurse Director for Special Programs and Innovations/Magnet Program Director to plan and implement Magnet re-designation projects. Implements standard operation procedures for project management.
- Performs other duties as requested and assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 1-3 years of healthcare or related experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and demonstrated customer service skills required.
- Project Management experience preferred, demonstrated ability to coordinate projects with strong orientation to details computer skills/technical dexterity required
- Demonstrates competence within Microsoft Office suite of programs including Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to learn new software programs easily. Experience with HealthStream preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, to complete tasks as assigned, and manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a diverse group of hospital and non-hospital personnel.
- Ability to foster a team environment and work as a team member.
- Independent judgment needed to organize work and set priorities.
- Demonstration of flexibility and willingness to adapt to diverse roles as a member of the Patient Care Services team.
Posting ID: 547779265Posted: 2021-01-28