Corporate Outpatient Coordinator Resource Position Description
50%+ Travel (Across the US)
Maintains referral management and coordinate all outpatient services. Serves as lead support person for the hospital-based and/or freestanding outpatient clinic. Makes recommendations to management regarding scheduling, hiring and performance management of clerical staff, where applicable. Performs other related duties as assigned. This is an exempt position.
• Logs in all referrals/inquiries on the outpatient daily log. Retrieves as much information as possible for the outpatient intake form. Documents
what treatments are needed from the prescription. Notifies Therapist/ Administrator of referral to verify that referral for therapy services meet
admission criteria. Follows-up and documents all referrals in 24 hours or less.
• Verify insurance benefits. Follows Verification of Benefits Policy & Procedure. In case of un-funded or under-funded clients, follow the Charity Care Policy & Procedure.
• Outpatient Scheduling: Schedules patient's initial visit within 48 hours of approval. If therapist's schedule cannot accommodate visit within 48 hours, contact supervisor for other options. Contacts patient with a schedule.
• Proper data entry into HMS on all required fields.
• Follows admission process matrix as assigned.
• Verifies that intake form is completed. Copies and distributes the intake form and prescription for the therapist, case manager, medical records and
• Creates patient file with proper documentation for therapist.
• Registers patient in the computer.
• Reviews admission papers with the patient to verify accuracy.
• Copies all insurance cards for business office files.
• Retrieves signature on proper documents, such as promissory notes, release of information, permission to treat, etc.
• Reviews patient outcomes with the patient and begins the outcomes process
• Distributes admission documents
• Makes copies of admissions papers and distributes to appropriate departments.
• Makes patient folder including copies of insurance documentation and deliver to business office.
Logs and Reports
• Maintains daily census reports for Outpatient.
• Maintains Outpatient Referral Log. This log will be used to create the following reports: Monthly Outpatient Report, Physician Referral Report.
• Maintains Collection Log. Submits to the Business Office as required
• Assists the patient in completing Outcomes process for each discharge
• Ensure that proper documentation is sent to all necessary parties, i.e. Insurance Companies, Case Managers, Employers, and Physicians in a timely
• Assists patient in completion of satisfaction survey at discharge
• Participates in all in service educational activities
• Participates in departmental meetings.
• Serves as lead support/clerical person for the clinic. Makes recommendations to management re: scheduling, hiring, and performance
management, where applicable. Orients new clerical staff, upon hire, and meets ongoing training needs of the clerical staff.
Education and Training: A High School diploma or equivalent is required. Business or Technical School training is preferred. Strong medical terminology is required.
Experience: More than one year experience in a medical office position or in a healthcare registration function.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• The ability to type accurately using various computer software programs, excellent proofreading grammar skills.
• Must have a good command of the English language.
• Highly organized and detailed oriented.
• Must be able to remain calm and level-headed in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment with frequent interruptions.
• Ability to follow directions accurately and timely, meet deadlines, identify priorities and on occasion, be flexible in his/her work schedule.
• Must be familiar with ICD-9 coding.
• Must have the ability to acquire knowledge of Workers Compensation guidelines, State, Federal and other regulatory agencies related in facility and patient care.
• Must have the ability to follow through on issues related to insurance verification/approval of benefits.
• The ability to work well with managers and staff, promoting a positive attitude and environment.
• The ability to understand computer operations and ability to reason through problems and errors.
Must have the ability to travel 50% or more.
Posting ID: 547780178Posted: 2021-03-16Job Title: Corporate Outpatient Coordinator Resource