Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments - creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day. Job DescriptionJob Description:
The Payments Clearing/Redline Manager will oversee a team dedicated to operational excellence within the Payment Services Group at Conduent that is responsible for the clearing and redline processes that clears/recovers spend for billions each month. The leader is responsible for building and leading this team and functions and is expected to be a seasoned people leader. This leader should understand and have experience across domains such as billing, payment, reconciliation, redline recovery and compliance. Must have former Mastercard/Visa experience and have knowledge of various federal regulations, especially Reg E and how it applies to prepaid cards. Be able to apply that knowledge to the clearing/redline team they will manage.
A successful candidate is expected to have eCommerce and/or Payment Financial Service experience as well as strong process improvement and project management skills. Experience in operations, ideally payments, financial services, Mastercard/Visa, is essential for hitting the ground running. It is also expected that this person will be proactive, collaborative with partners, possess strong communication skills and have a tenacious curiosity for improving the way things are done. ***The position is in Austin, TX. However, due to the Covid-19 economic and office impact, the work is currently being performed at home-(until future office call-back)**Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent desirable.
- 2+ years' experience as a people manager and manager of operations in some financial capacity.
- Solid ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels.
- Experienced in facilitating external partner communications (e.g. presentations, conference calls, and emails).
- Flexible and open working style, with an ability to quickly establish trust and credibility.
- Ability to influence decisions, introduce new ideas, and lead change through collaboration, and leadership.
- Attention to detail and a strong level of customer focus.
- High level of integrity and sense of urgency to "make things happen".
- Experience in the Financial services industry, prepaid card, credit card and payments related operations experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of clearing, redline(chargebacks), dispute processes, regulations, and payment network policies
- Experience in Payments, Financial Services, Mastercard/Visa, Federal Regulations such as Reg E required.
- Seasoned people leader, with a track record of building and developing a team.
- Demonstrated success as manager leading complex implementations; with outstanding planning and organizational skills.
- Experience recovery redline/negative balances and knowledge of the Mastercard/Visa rules that apply to recoveries such as chargebacks
- Ability to utilize database results to determine transactions that failed to post to cardholder accounts and to reconcile, clear and post these with 100% accuracy and with no variances.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports to help develop skills.
- Monitor quality of work done by direct reports to ensure SLAs are met and deliverables are prioritized.
- Organizational knowledge and proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment is highly preferred.
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and unpredictable work environment
- Analytical and creative problem solver with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and superior judgment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite of programs: Outlook, Excel, etc.
- All others as assigned by management
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent's ADAAA Accommodation Policy.