SAGE Dining Services is seeking a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist for its Nutrition Department, headquartered in Lutherville, MD, although the position itself is for a remote RDN in the Central Time Zone. Ideally the RD will reside in a city near a major airport, as some limited travel is required.
For job posting purposes we have posted the job in Dallas, Houston, St. Louis and Nashville, but any Central Time Zone location works near a major airport.
As a SAGE dietitian, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that utilize different skills. This includes analyzing recipes, creating educational materials, interacting with food service directors and reviewing menus. You will also have the freedom to explore nutrition and wellness topics that are in the news, and educate the SAGE audience in a variety of formats including written materials and presentations.
A highly motivated, outgoing person with a positive attitude is a perfect fit for the position. Professionalism is paramount, but with a friendly demeanor. Although projects will be assigned, the candidate is encouraged to suggest subject areas to focus on and is a valued team member.
What you'll need:
- Candidate must have a degree in nutrition or dietetics
- Candidate must be a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (or be RDN eligible) and have state licensure as applicable
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest in communicating and educating using social media outlets
- Knowledge of food allergies and management in the dining setting
- Commitment to promoting a positive food environment and relationship with food
- Familiarity with recipe analysis programs
- Culinary or food service experience is a plus
- Ability to travel occasionally
What you'll do:
- Menu review to uphold company nutrition standards
- Write regularly published education materials for a variety of age groups
- Standardize and analyze recipes using ESHA Food Processor
- Make nutrition presentations to K-12 students, college students, school community and company employees
- Provide content for our social media outlets
- Travel on a limited basis
- Work with dietitians to develop and maintain nutrition programs
- Work on a team of RDs who regularly share ideas and provide meaningful value to the communities we serve
What you'll get:
- Fair salary commensurate to experience
- Benefits: Health/Life/Dental/Vision/Disability/matching 401(k)
- Collaborative environment
- Access to culinary professionals
- Appreciative operations team
- Nutrition director committed to your success
Check out our video library to learn more about SAGE:
Working for SAGE means being part of a community. You'd work alongside creative, enthusiastic Team Members who share your passion for culinary excellence. You'd also make a difference in an academic community and bring excitement to the dining hall with made-from-scratch, Chef-inspired recipes that delight students, faculty, staff, and parents.
SAGE has enjoyed steady, organic growth for the past 30 years.We continue to grow and raise the bar in food service for the educational market. By sourcing local ingredients, introducing communities to new cuisines, and providing attentive service, we create exceptional dining experiences that delight the senses, inspire minds, and foster community.
This job advertisement should not be misconstrued as an offer of employment or a comprehensive listing of position responsibilities/expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer.