Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments - creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day. Job Description
Our Proposal Development Center's mission is to create best-in-class, compelling proposals that convert to wins. In our public sector group, we respond to bids for government healthcare, state and local agencies, and transportation. At Conduent, we:
- Strategically create client-centric, concise and compelling proposals
- Continually improve the quality and accuracy of our content
- Apply consistent writing style standards for unified voice across content and business areas
We are seeking a candidate who has experience writing detailed material, including the ability to integrate baseline content appropriately; carefully analyze RFP requirements against our proposed solution and tailor responses accordingly; revise and refine content; and evaluate competitive intel and proposal feedback post-proposal for continual improvement.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who wants to be an important part of a winning writing group that collaborates well with each other and our internal teams and is known for excellence. If you are passionate about writing; have consistently created compelling, client-centric content; and want to be a part of a winning sales organization, this is the perfect place for you.
Must be methodical and solutions-oriented in approaching problems. Requires extensive cooperative writing and interviewing skills. Since proposal writing is a time-sensitive creative endeavor, the successful candidate must exhibit talents necessary to work with and manage others in writing on large-scale, schedule-driven creative processes (e.g., proposals, journalistic writing, etc.). Strong editing and proofreading skills, keen attention to detail, and ability to handle pressured situations. Must be very dependable and possess exceptional customer service skills. Job Functions
Minimum Education, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Prepares, researches, and writes compliant, persuasive proposal text in the areas of qualifications, experience, staffing, system architecture, testing and resumes; collaborates on executive summaries or other sections
- Conceptually understands the lifecycle of a solution or system to cohesively write responses in accordance to the requirements with a focus on technical responses for system architecture, user-acceptance testing, project lifecycle, data conversion, operational readiness, security, auditing, and implementation.
- Writes multiple proposals at once working with the Proposal Development Center and the business
- Uses journalistic techniques to interview technical subject matter experts, research and gather pertinent information to integrate in proposal
- Integrates strategic elements - win themes, key messaging - and solutions into proposal narrative producing cohesive, client-centric, compliant content
- Assumes proposal management responsibilities on Requests for Information or Requests for Qualifications
- Collaborates closely with the content development team to regularly share material that can be repurposed for future repeatable use
- Achieves a 100% on-time proposal response rate; stickler for meeting internal deadlines, champion of deadline adherence from SMEs and other proposal inputs
- Actively engages in all relevant meetings (kickoff, solution, status)
- Reviews proposal sections as assigned and assists Production in proofreading/editing
- Develops operational, administrative, and technical knowledge resulting in top-notch proposal writing
- Takes on increasingly challenging technological and operational sections
- Participates in and applies proposal training as an active learner
- Adheres to Conduent's style guide and brand standards
- Creates a positive work environment, demonstrates a professional attitude, and meets established goals and responsibilities while working in cooperation with colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related discipline
- Well-documented verbal and written communication skills
- Technical understanding of system and solution concepts and technical terms such as Agile, system infrastructure, architecture and solution lifecycle.
- Intermediate skills and experience of MS Project preferred
- Background in healthcare, government or PBM is required
- Background in Medicaid is preferred
- Mid-level expertise in MS Word. Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Willingness to work extended hours
- Experience in SharePoint and proposal software preferred
- Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) involvement and/or certifications desired
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent's ADAAA Accommodation Policy.