Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments - creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day. Job Description
Do you want to uncover hidden insights from data and use those to drive decisions and influence behavior to create business value for our clients? If so, the Analytics Practice within the Conduent Technology organiation has an exciting opportunity for you.
We are looking for Senior Data Scientist
to work on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling for predictive and prescriptive enterprise analytics. Successful candidates will be expected to investigate state of the art techniques in advanced machine learning and statistical modeling, and design, develop, and deploy state-of-art, scalable systems for innovative analytics applications in a set of industrial verticals (e.g. healthcare, transportation, customer care etc.). Applicants will be expected to work with a diverse set of data sources, such as time series data, spatial, graph data, semi-structured and unstructured data, and build statistical/machine-learning models in support of on-demand, real-time analytic services. The applicant should also have strong skills in explaining and interpreting the analytic models and outcomes in both research and application contexts. Responsibilities
- Research, design and prototype robust and scalable models based on machine learning, data mining, and statistical modeling to answer key business problems
- Build tools and support structures needed to analyze data, perform elements of data cleaning, feature selection and feature engineering and organize experiments in conjunction with best practices
- Work with development teams & business groups to ensure models can be implemented as part of a delivered solution replicable across many clients
- Present findings to stakeholders to drive improvements and solutions from concept through to delivery
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand
- Collaborate closely with university partners and other scientists and engineers in a multidisciplinary work environment
We will not be providing sponsorship for this position. Closing
- PhD in computer science, computer engineering with 7+ years or MS with 10+ years of experience in related field.
- Demonstrated history of driving and delivering analytics models and solutions
- Deep knowledge of fundamentals of machine learning, data mining and statistical predictive modeling, and extensive experience applying these methods to real world problems
- Strong skills in software prototyping and engineering with expertise in applicable programming and analytics languages (Python, R, C/C++) and various open source machine learning and analytics packages to generate deliverable modules and prototype demonstrations of their work
- Desired interdisciplinary skills include big data technologies, ETL, statistics and causal inference, Deep Learning, modeling and simulation
- Breadth of skills and experience in machine learning - diverse types of data, diverse data sources, different types of learning models, diverse learning settings
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and desire to see ideas realized in practice
- Experience and knowledge in services domains such as business process outsourcing systems, transportation systems, healthcare systems and financial services is valued
- Demonstrated ability to propose novel solutions to problems, performing experiments to show feasibility of their solutions and working to refine the solutions into a real-world context
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Nice to have: Microsoft certified (or in the process) for Data and Analytics courses like MCSA Machine Learning, MCSE Data Management & Analytics,
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent's ADAAA Accommodation Policy.