Overview Smile, You've Found Us!
The Nursing Assistant in Training is a starting position for applicants enrolled in a training program to complete the study and state administered exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. The Nursing Assistant in Training will take part in 'on the job' training activities to assist the current Certified Nursing Assistants. Time will be spent observing the Certified Nursing Assistants and working alongside our nursing team to obtain the necessary skills needed to meet job requirements and pass the final exam.
Upon successful completion of the state administered certification exam, the team member will become a Certified Nursing Assistant at Diversicare and receive a wage increase equivalent to the starting wage as a CNA.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence, which we extend to all those we are privileged to serve.
If you wish to make a difference in the lives of our patients and residents, APPLY NOW!Full Time Benefits include:
- Excellent 401k plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- DiversICARE - employee hardship fund
- Pay advancement program - OnShift Wallet
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare's Mission to "Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations."
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference
- Work as a team member to assist the current Certified Nursing Assistance in providing direct care to residents/patients in accordance with treatment plans, as directed by the training course instructor
- Assists with resident/patient care needs and comforts including but not limited to oral hygiene, bathing functions, dressing/undressing as necessary and room cleanliness
- Complete all assignments directed by the training course instructor, including exercises and hands-on learning activities
- Attend and participate in classroom activities, scheduled orientation programs and 'on the job' trainings
- Provide safe bedside care and assistance delivered with integrity and compassion
- Communicate effectively to both patient/resident and nursing team members to ensure confidence and quality of care
- Accompany residents, as needed, to various activities and functions
- Complete required documentation accurately and in a timely manner
- Build serving relationships with patients/residents, family members, and other team members
- Comply with HIPPA as this position may have access to protected health information
- Study and take the state administered exam to becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Willingness to learn and a passion for caring for residents and patients at their point of need
- Prior experience working in a skilled nursing or long-term care center is a plus
- Able to communicate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents/patients, families, community members, volunteers and Diversicare team members
- Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents/patients and the elderly
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications