Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Located minutes from Lanikai Beach in Windward Oahu, Adventist Health Castle is nestled at the base of the beautiful Ko'olau mountain range. More than just a beautiful campus, AHCS also one of five organizations nationwide to receive the 2017 Baldrige National Quality Award.
Featuring a full-service medical center, Castle offers a wide range of inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services, with over 1,000 employees and staffed by more than 300 physicians. Located just outside of Kailua, AHCS serves all of O'ahu and is the primary health care facility for the Windward side of the island.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Patient Access Scheduling Representative (Outpatient) who:
Facilitates patient medical and financial clearance using medical and healthcare knowledge, clinical judgment, and communication skills to assist in resolving difficulties surrounding patient access, authorization of services and coordination of scheduled programs. Applies substantial knowledge of the job and experience to complete a wide range of activities with varying difficulty. Regularly works with sensitive and confidential information, often involving the interpretation of policies and procedures to guide use.Essential Functions:
- Coordinates and schedules patient care for all wellness programs. Facilitates communication between patient scheduling staff and all user departments, physicians, physician office staff, patient clients.
- Answers telephone inquiries regarding physician referrals and covers front desk duties when needed. Maintains patient scheduling data base.
- Collaborates with patient financial services (PFS) to ensure appropriate authorizations are obtained in accordance with PFS policy and procedure. Submits documentation for retro-authorization as appropriate, files and appeal for denial of services.
- Develops monthly Wellness newsletter, updating website and developing promotional flyers. Actively participates in training. Performs other duties as assigned by department leadership.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:Education:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's / Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Two years healthcare experience: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.