Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Communication Manager who:Supports the market executive team and regional communications director in planning and execution of local communications, and cascading of system and region messaging. Creates opportunity and pathway for feedback from all levels of communication. Identifies, crafts and distributes stories through internal and external publications. Attends and participates in community events as a representative of the organization and speaks on the organization's behalf as requested. Monitors brand compliance and corrects as needed. Supports internal and external events. Functions at the organization's primary PIO.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Acts as liaison between market executive team and all marketing and communications functions at the region and system level, ensuring local needs are met with high-quality service. Supports market president in development of local communications strategies and content.
- Identifies stories for internal and external publications and provides photos or videos as requested by production team. Researches, gathers content, writes, reviews, edits and produces communications for internal vehicles including newsletters, postings and the intranet site. Manages and distributes all market communications material including local newsletter articles. Compose memos, transcribes notes, and researches and creates presentations. Serves as a proofreader/editor for materials.
- Manages communications, community relations programs, town halls and events by writing, coordinating logistics, technology (including database use and management), presentations, as well as managing event volunteers, publicity, materials and external vendor resources.
- Coordinates with other departments the preparation for press conferences, special meetings, and events. Supports corporate brand identity program by assisting with brand maintenance duties including issuing guidance to internal and external users about proper adherence to brand standards, communicating policies and procedures and assisting with proper application and adherence. Attends and hosts community events and speaks on behalf of organization when requested.
- Submits marketing support requests as needed. Monitors brand compliance and correct as needed. Functions as primary market Public Information Officer (PIO) when needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Required
- Bachelor's Degree: Preferred
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
- Five years communications experience: Preferred
- Three years experience in a healthcare setting: Preferred
Posting ID: 547787095Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Communication Manager