At Emory Healthcare, we integrate science and caring to change the face of health care. Our team members are courageous individuals who are willing to challenge the status quo and help find solutions to complex problems. We're empowered to influence change for, and with, our patients, their families, the community and each other.
As one of the leading academic medical systems, we're eager to share what we learn with hospitals around the country, and the world. We've got the backing, knowledge, experience and permission to lead the way in developing new and better approaches to preventing and treating disease, and our patients get treatments years before anyone else.
We're defining a new standard of care for humankind. Are YOU ready to join us?
- Supervises and provides direction to staff in the maintenance, repair and installation of building systems and equipment.
- Monitors and directs workflow.
- Effectively manages employee performance.
- Develops and implements on-the-job training.
- Coordinates and oversees activities of outside contractors and service personnel.
- Ensures compliance with policies, design plans and specifications.
- Performs routine inspections of building systems and generates work orders for any corrective action.
- Troubleshoots chronic maintenance problems to ensure facilities and systems are operational.
- Prepares and authorizes requests for parts, materials and outside services and is responsible for the efficient use of equipment and supplies.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data to generate and provide accurate and complete reports for management and/or regulatory agencies.
- Interprets applicable regulations and establishes filing and auditing procedures.
- Takes the necessary precautions, in keeping with OSHA standards and other applicable federal and state regulations, when working with hazardous chemicals and materials and power equipment.
- Uses personal protective equipment as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years of experience in building maintenance.
- A valid Georgia driver's license and an insurable driving record.
- Some positions within this classification may require the ability to lift 50 pounds and to bend, stoop and twist.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (Medium): 20-50 lbs; 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 50 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.