- Under the direction of the HR Director, administers and implements HR programs, policies, and procedures.
- Counsels management and staff on human resources issues, with a heavy focus on employee relations.
- Processes and maintains confidential employee information.
- Coordinates compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Provides support to the HR Director as appropriate in assessing training needs of staff and leaders and partners in coordinating with Organizational Development and Learning Services and other HR functional areas in identifying appropriate training options. Follows strict budgeting guidelines.
- Has primary responsibility consists of Employee Relations and resolving employee concerns or issues. (
- 90%). Communicates with and counsels staff relating to conflict management.
- Guides leadership through employee issues, and provides recommendations for coaching and/or corrective action, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with other HR resources to proactively identify employee relations trends and works under the direction of the HR Director to offer solutions to leadership.
- Under the guidance of the HR Director, investigates thoroughly and responds to EEOC charges; refers to Equal Opportunity Programs as necessary.
- Assists in maintaining records on HR activities, including, but not limited to, employee relations issues, investigations, EEOC charges, turnover rates, unit employee satisfaction scores, physician satisfaction scores, as well as unit patient satisfaction scores.
- Verifies reports and forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for assisting the HR Director in presenting this data to leadership where target goals can be developed and action plans created to achieve those goals. Interprets organizational policies and procedures.
- Serves on internal and external committees when appropriate.
- Supports the HR Director as needed in assessing training needs, and partners in coordinating with Organizational Development and Learning Services and other HR resources in identifying appropriate training options for staff and leaders.
- May assist in conducting training for staff and/or leadership, under the direction of the HR Director.
- May assist in interviewing candidates for the organization, and make recommendations for selected positions.
- Works with HR Director to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or related field.
- Five years of human resources administration experience, with two years in employee relations preferred. PHR/SPHR preferred.
Posting ID: 547789565Posted: 2021-02-16Job Title: Human Resource Generalist