Performs and demonstrates proficiency and understanding in one or more area of the clinical laboratory. Assists in instructing other personnel as assigned, and performs a perceptive depth of clinical laboratory tests and procedures which require the exercise of independent judgment and responsibility. Assures that the highest degree of quality patient care is maintained at all times. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Obtains blood specimens for all populations and clinical testing procedures.
- Performs effective and safe use of laboratory equipment.
- Uses judgement in reporting laboratory results for all populations.
- Evaluates and reviews the quality control program and maintenance of equipment designated to that area.
- Licensed by ASCP or equivalent as a Technician in all clinical areas.
- B.S. in Medical Technology or graduated with an associates degree in applied science as applicable. Attained Medical Technology certification thru other agencies.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.Notice
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Posting ID: 547793047Posted: 2021-03-09