You'll be learning, growing and having fun. Gaining skills for life as you take on the responsibilities of this important role. Overview
This position includes all positions in Culinary including Cook, Culinary Lead, Culinary Supervisor, Sous Chef, and more.
Convenient hours for anyone seeking an amazing part-time opportunity Our ambassadors are essential in leading activities that reflect and uphold our five core values of Courtesy, Service, Cleanliness, Safety and Integrity, while promoting diversity equity and inclusion within our teams. Our goal is not only to provide a safe and friendly atmosphere but to elevate the entertainment experience in Kansas City. Our team members are enthusiastic about their work because they create fun and memories of a lifetime for our guests every day! All roles include:
- Paid Training
- Free Uniforms
- Free park entry (after 40 hours worked)
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible work schedule
- Referral Bonuses
COVID Employee Safety Guidelines:
- Following all updated CDC Regulations
- Mask Requirements
- Temp Checks prior to entering park
- Social Distancing
- Consistent Sanitation practices
- Hand Sanitations Stations
- Reducing Crowded Areas This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Worlds of Fun provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Prepare and cook different menu items, assist in menu development, maintain cleanliness and safety of assigned work area.
- Works along side Divisional Chef to create menu items.
- Notifies kitchen personnel of shortages or special orders.
- Cooks and prepares food items. Ensures product temperature controls are met and maintained for quality and safety.
- Serves food in correct portions to ensure proper food cost procedures are followed.
- Squeegees floors, wipes off counters, sweeps, empties trash, and completes other general cleaning duties.
- Notifies Team Leader of any malfunctions, safety concerns or needs. Ensures all safety equipment is being used properly.
- Follows Board of Health regulations.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including
- initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines
- and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee
- Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of common cooking methods; knife cuts.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.