The Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for coordinating non-clinical operations including transcribing physician's orders, order entry, maintenance of patient charts, and unit records, efficient processing of unit information and maintenance of unit supplies.
Maintains rules and protects against breach of confidentially by performing as the privacy and security officer.
- High school diploma.
- Experience in administrative duties.
- Accuracy, confidentiality, and ability to work quickly in a fast-paced patient care setting.
- Medical office administration certificate.
- Health unit coordinator certificate.
- Order transcription experience.
- Knowledge in state and federal rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of discloser practices and re-disclosure limitations.
- Knowledge of clinical aspects in health care including but not limited to: terminology, pharmacology, and anatomy.
Posting ID: 547799025Posted: 2020-12-29Job Title: Unit Coordinator