M Health Fairview is looking for a Nursing Assistant at St. John's Hospital in Maplewood, MN. This position is 48
hours per two weeks on the Eve
shift, for 8 hour shifts, variable schedule, and is eligible for benefits.
St. John's Hospital provides offers a warm, inviting atmosphere and caring, personal staff. State of the art technology, combined with the expertise of our specialists, nurses and staff, contribute to our innovative healing environment and compassionate health care delivery. We are committed to providing superior health care to our growing community. Our 184 bed facility offers a wide variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services. About this Unit:
As a member of the Float Pool team, you get to go everywhere and see a wide variety of everything. During orientation, you will be based in Medical Surgical units. You will float to each unit with a preceptor and your over-all orientation time, as well as your unit-specific orientation time, will be determined by your level of experience.
A Nursing assistant at St. John's assists in the delivery of direct patient care under the delegation of a professional RN. You will assist with activities of daily living such as personal hygiene, repositioning, ambulating, transporting and feeding. Also you will be doing data collection and bedside testing such as blood glucose, vital signs, Foley catheter maintenance, continuous bladder irrigation maintenance, and observing and documenting patient input and output. You will also perform some non-direct patient care duties such as setting up and maintaining rooms and stocking supplies on the unit.
- Demonstrates commitment to the universal guiding principles of the patient care model in order to achieve the HealthEast Nursing vision
- Supports the Nursing Process to achieve outcome focused patient care
- Supports holistic nursing theory based on Watson's theory of caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association and the HealthEast nursing patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) in order to achieve the HealthEast Nursing vision
- Communicates accurately and effectively with patient/family and health care team members
- Reinforces patient education as directed by clinical staff
- Achieves customer service excellence by understanding the needs of all internal and external customers, patients, families, physicians and the interdependent team
- Documents patient information in EHR and/or other electronic system in accordance with program standards, department policies/procedures
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements
- Current certification on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry upon hire with the following exceptions:
- If the applicant is currently enrolled in an RN program, and completion of one (1) semester of clinical rotation within the program or If the applicant is a current Fairview employee, this requirement does not need to be maintained throughout employment and is not required if subsequently transferring into another Nursing Assistant or Nursing Station Tech or Nursing Station Attendant position
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Posting ID: 547800917Posted: 2021-04-20Job Title: Nursing Assistant Float Pool