Responsible for leading and executing audits across a defined audit portfolio to deliver a quality product in line with department and industry standards and expectations. Responsible for ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous auditing of their applicable audit portfolio. Communicates control improvements to Bank Management. Primary Responsibilities:
Successful Audit Plan Completion
- Assist in identifying, analyzing, and assessing risk throughout the Bank as part of the department's risk assessment process and development of the annual audit plan.
- Plan and execute audits in a risk focused manner while maintaining independence and adhering to department and professional industry standards. This includes staying abreast of best practices, industry developments, and changing or emerging risks and ensuring their coverage as appropriate.
- Deliver on-time, high-quality audit reports that require limited revision by audit management. This includes the identification of and root cause analysis for control gaps, drafting recommendations for improvement where issues are identified, and providing an overall opinion on the control environment.
- Plan and execute comprehensive validation procedures for Internal Audit and Regulatory issues.
- Assist in the establishment of appropriate budgets and timeframes for completion of each audit section, and organize and complete work to meet them.
- Consider opportunities for the use of data analytics throughout the audit process.
- Demonstrate support for the department's strategic objectives.
Leadership, Decision Making, and Communication
- Possess strong management and interpersonal skills, make sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking.
- Proactively communicate with senior members of the audit team and line of business management regarding the status of audits and potential issues identified.
- Build strong partnerships with business stakeholders and audit team members.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Coach, mentor, and oversee the work of junior members of the audit team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators, as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This role is responsible for leading, planning and executing the delivery of high quality, value-added audit services for a variety of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Audit Committee and regulatory expectations. Ensures ongoing conformance with professional auditing standards.
This position directly communicates with Middle and Line Management and External Auditors. Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
May oversee the day-to-day work of a more junior audit team and provide support and guidance, but is not responsible for performance management, compensation planning, or other similar duties Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Business, Finance, Technology, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Statistics or other related technical field and 3 years of relevant work experience
In lieu of degree, a combined minimum of 7 years higher education and/or work experience including 3 years of relevant work experience.
Ability to develop and coach others.
Strong analytical and organizational skills.
Strong written and verbal communication skills. Education and Experience Preferred:
Related certifications (CPA, CIA, CISA, CAMS or similar).
MBA or Master's degree in an appropriate field.
Financial Services Industry experience. Location
Buffalo, New York, United States of America