ST. CHARLES MEDICAL GROUPPHYSICIAN JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE:
Obstetrician and GynecologistREPORTS TO POSITION:
Chief Medical OfficerDEPARTMENT:
St. Charles Center for Women's HealthDATE LAST REVIEWED:
10/31/2019 OUR VISION:
Creating America's healthiest community, together OUR MISSION:
In the spirit of love and compassion, better health, better care, better value OUR VALUES:
Accountability, Caring and Teamwork POSITION OVERVIEW:
Obstetrician and Gynecologist focuses on medical care related to pregnancy or childbirth and diagnoses, treats, and helps prevent diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system. An OB/GYN is defined as expert on women's reproductive health which includes but not limited to: prenatal and postnatal care; preventing, diagnosing, and treating illnesses that may affect the breast, pelvis, cervix, and urinary track and ovary; Addressing hormonal irregularity so conception be made possible; and, Practicing as counselor during a woman's pregnancy, delivery of a child, menopausal management, and the surgeon to administer caesarean section (CS) and other complicated cases like ovarian cystectomies, and other gynecologic and obstetrical surgical interventions.
St. Charles Redmond does not offer inpatient obstetrical services; all deliveries are performed at SC-Bend or SC-Madras. Obstetrical care, prenatal and postnatal care are offered by Center for Women's Health-Redmond, as well as at outreach locations, as defined by St. Charles, including, but not limited to, Prineville, Sisters and Bend South. Obstetrical patients with the Center for Women's Health will be delivered by Certified Nurse Midwives or clinic providers (back up provided by OB Hospitalist) at SC-Bend. GYN surgeries are performed at the SC-Redmond Hospital. Work schedule:
will work a minimum of 40 hours per week in the clinic with 36 patient contact hours. Call expectation:
Call shifts cover both Redmond GYN call and Bend OB call. When on call Bend OB back up will be provided through OB Hospitalists.
24 hour/7days per week call rotation will be shared by the Redmond providers, covering ED patients, surgical and postoperative patients, including, when necessary, appropriate in-house presence and rounding. A 30 minute response time is mandated. Call averages 7 call days per month, call covered in excess of 1:4 is compensated. Work location:
Primary work location will be in Redmond for outpatient services. Physicians also participate in the rotation to our outreach locations, currently Prineville, Bend South & Sisters; other locations as developed. CLINIC DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY:
The SCMG Center for Women's Health has a mix of physicians, certified nurse midwives, women's health nurse practitioners, and psychologist. The office provides full spectrum women's health services. We are the only primary OB/GYN practice currently practicing through SCHS and providing OB/GYN services outside of Bend and serve patients in a large central Oregon catchment area. HOSPITAL DEPARTMENTAL SUMMARY:
The St. Charles Health System consists of 4 hospitals located throughout Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson Counties. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES: Clinical Service Line Duties:
- Practice and role model excellence in the care domains of diagnosis, aligning treatment goals to patient values, definitive treatment, supportive care treatment, follow-up care, promote good health and prevent illness.
- Practice medicine with a focus on safety, quality and best use practices.
- Practice medicine within the scope of license, training and credentialing. Cooperate with other SCHS physicians and caregivers to insure optimal patient care.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual patient care while demonstrating expert knowledge of evidence-based, Obstetric and Gynecologic care.
- Collaborate with other members of the Obstetric and Gynecologic care interdisciplinary team and referring providers to ensure a world-class patient experience.
- Calculates dosages and administers medications accurately in accordance with SCHS policies and procedures for medication administration.
- Document all patient care in the proper form and in a timely manner in compliance with hospital policies and regulatory agencies.
- Delivers first rate customer service and/or patient care in a manner that promotes goodwill, and is timely, efficient and accurate, and courteous.
- Proportionately share in after-hours call with other OB/GYNs, of similar sub-subspecialty training.
- Keep medical knowledge and skills current through regular CME activity. Must attest to having obtained 60 hours of Category 1 continuing medical education (CME) relevant to the practitioner's current medical practice over the prior two-year work period.
- May perform additional duties of similar complexity within the organization, as required or assigned.
- Acts as a leader and supports departmental goals and the vision, mission and values of the St. Charles Health System in all respects.
- Provides customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Creates a healing environment that supports all aspects of care, respects the wholeness of the individual, and demonstrates therapeutic presence through attitudes and behaviors that enhance the safety and care experience for patients, caregivers and guests.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change; Contribute as necessary to assist in policy formation for the organization.
- Participates in creating intentional relationships, and put a high level of focus on attitudes and behaviors that enhance the care experience.
- Is familiar with the organization structure, communications systems and billing process, completing billing and coding documentation within time assigned.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the health system's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all health system's investigations and proceedings.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and unrestricted to maintain privileges at a St. Charles Health System hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Increases understanding and collaboration throughout the medical community.
- Maintain compliance of hospital's Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, as required by SCHS Board of Directors.
- Graduation from an accredited medical school.
- Successful completion of an accredited residency program in Physician's chosen specialty (ies).
- Successful completion of additional educational programs necessary to enable Physician to acquire and maintain privileges to perform the range of services contemplated. This includes board eligibility/certification in the specialty being practiced.
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. education in-services as required.
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory bodies.
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning modules.
- Current license as MD / DO.
- Board certified or eligible in Physician's chosen specialty. Those applicants who are not board certified at the time of application but who have completed their residency or fellowship training are required to become board certified within seven years of residency or fellowship training.
- Unrestricted Federal DEA number.
- Unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare / Medicaid, or other federal or state governmental health care programs.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to meet SCHS driving requirements.
- Current BLS certification required.
- If provider will practice sedation, moderate or deep, ACLS certification is also required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on privileges granted to provider by Medical Staff Services at SCHS Inpatient locations.
- Oregon license as MD / DO.
- Federal DEA number registered in Oregon.
- Experience in hospital and outpatient practice environments providing care in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Experience using EMR (Electronic Medical Records) software.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St. Charles Health System.
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected results.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Two (2) + year's active practice in Obstetrics and Gynecology experience.
- Epic EMR software experience.
Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely. ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
Obstetric and Gynecologic care services are provided in Redmond at the Center for Women's Health. A 24 hour/7days per week call rotation will be shared by the Redmond providers, covering Bend OB, Redmond ED patients, surgical and postoperative patients, including, when necessary, appropriate in-house presence and rounding. A 30 minute response time is mandated. Obstetrical privileges will be for SC-Bend. Outreach and community education leadership will be emphasized.
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time: