Strategically manage media/PR/reputational issues and proactively communicate programs and corporate messaging, nationally and across major regions and/or business lines of the bank, including wealth management; responsible for communicating M&T Bank's policies, philosophies, products, programs and accomplishments to external stakeholders within the communities in those regions/business lines and work with senior management to communicate M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust initiatives.
- Manage all media contacts within the region or assigned business(es). Execute multiple high-profile public relations campaigns
- and communications projects simultaneously in coordination with bank executive and regional management and Marketing & Communications Division.
- Work with others inside and outside the Corporate Communications Department to develop, coordinate
- and implement public relations & communications plans for bank-related products, services, issues,
- activities, decisions, policies, personnel, etc. within the region. Develop appropriate messages, strategies
- and tactics for various target audiences, including national and financial media, trade media, customers
- and prospects, influencers and other opinion leaders.
- Seek out and identify proactive media opportunities - as well as situations that could adversely impact
- the bank's reputation- and coordinate strategies and tactics to promote and protect M&T Bank.
- Counsel management on communications strategies and tactics when issues, policies or decisions threaten to impact the reputation of M&T. Develop appropriate media responses and communications materials.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with stakeholders within the bank, the industry, the community and the media.
- Monitor, measure and report all media coverage of the bank. Evaluate the success of earned media placements in building corporate reputation and mitigating crises, and utilize learnings from outcomes to
- inform future strategic outreach. Manage multiple proactive and reactive media/PR/reputational issues and opportunities across major regions of the bank.
Education and Experience Required:
7 years relevant experience, with minimum 4 years in strategic PR role
Education and Experience Preferred:
Established media relations experience in either lifestyle or financial services segments
Strong experience with social media Location
New York, New York, United States of America
Posting ID: 547810831Posted: 2021-02-09Job Title: Senior Public