School for Early Childhood Education
Los Angeles, California
USC School for Early Childhood Education is seeking an Teacher to join its team. Job Summary:
This position will provide a successful, safe and supervised educational setting for children while they are in the USC-SECE environment (classroom, outdoor play area, and field trips). To promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of Head Start children. Encourage parent involvement in all aspects of the program. To develop individual goals for children, provide on-going assessment on progress and facilitate transition into kindergarten. Considered the Teacher of Record for all children in assigned classroom and works as a team with the assigned Associate Teacher. The position is grant funded and contingent on continued funding. Hours/Salary:
Full time, $16.50-$20.00/hourly Preferred Education/Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science preferred in early childhood education or child development.
- Commission on Teacher Credentialing Child Development Teacher Permit
- 1 year of experience working in an early childhood education setting with children 3-5 years
- Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Child Development Teacher Permit Matrix qualifications and requirements for position
- CPR & First Aide Certificate (may be obtained after applying but before starting)
- Physical Exam and TB Screening within last 12 Months
- Live Scan Clearance from the Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Proof of Influenza, Measles and Pertussis vaccinations or medical note with exemption
- Must have a car, be able to drive, have a valid CA driver's license, and current auto insurance
- Computer literate.
Upload Resume, Cover Letter, Certificates, Permits, Degrees and Two Letters of Recommendation.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Early childhood education and experience. Must meet Child Development Permit Matrix qualifications and requirements for position. Three to five years of experience in a preschool, day care center or other child development facility may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
REQ20061322 Posted Date: 01/14/2021 - Thru date - 2021-03-30
Posting ID: 547814882Posted: 2021-01-19Job Title: Child