The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.Position Listing for Family Planning Fellowship DirectorSection of Family Planning, Department of Clinical Obstetrics and GynecologyKeck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California
The Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California (USC) is seeking an Associate Professor or Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology to join the Section of Family Planning. We are seeking a Fellowship Director who will share our dedication to serving the vulnerable, diverse patient population of Los Angeles at LA County + USC Medical Center, while taking advantage of the resources and academic community of a world-renowned hospital and institution, Keck Hospital of USC. Job Description and Expectations:
- This is a full-time position, which includes clinical and teaching responsibilities in both family planning and general obstetrics and gynecology.
- Candidates must be board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, eligible for licensure in California and who have completed a Family Planning Fellowship at least 5 years ago.
- The successful applicant will have demonstrated excellence in clinical practice, including abortion provision, evidence of teaching, clinical scholarly expertise in family planning by publication of original research within the past three years and have experience in one of the following: extramural peer-reviewed funding, presentations at regional or national meetings, or participation in national committees or educational organizations.
- The candidate would be expected to expand abortion and contraceptive services with Keck Medicine (PPO/EPO).
- The applicant will help to develop a sustainable, collaborative research vision for the fellowship.
- Generalist and family planning call responsibilities are expected but limited.
- An established Family Planning Fellowship, 3rd in the nation and previously led by the late Dr. Daniel R. Mishell, Jr., and graduated Ryan Program with dedicated operating room time for abortion services.
- Opportunities for collaborative research in women's health epidemiology with our department's PhD-level director of research, translational work in contraceptive development with dedicated lab support and expertise in hormonal assays, and mentorship of junior faculty motivated to pursue a clinician-scientist pathway.
- Consistent MPH/MSW internship site for graduate students from the USC Schools of Preventive Medicine and Social Work.
- The position offers a competitive salary with excellent university benefits and an academic appointment at the Keck School of Medicine of USC appropriate to the level of training and experience.
We intend for the applicant to start immediately, or Spring/Summer of 2021, following licensure in California and credentialing at affiliated hospitals. The University of Southern California is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply her and upload a letter of interest, CV, and the names of three references. For further inquiries, please contact Cheryl Piazzola (Cheryl.Piazzola@med.usc.edu), Special Projects Manager of Faculty Affairs in ObGyn. USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance.
REQ20066854 Posted Date: 09/27/2020
Posting ID: 547815354Posted: 2020-12-15Job Title: Associate Professor Clinical