This position can be fixed-term full time or permanent full time.
Since 1897, the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best. Dentists and dental hygienists are consistently viewed as some of the most trusted and respected professionals that serve the public, and our graduates are part of the reason. The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry not only educates excellent clinicians but also produces professionals who earn their patients' trust with unyielding commitment to exemplary ethical standards.
The Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry is seeking a Dental X-Ray Technician I to join its team! This individual will perform all routine intraoral radiographic procedures and take digital panoramic and occlusal radiographs for patient care.
- Take digital X-rays and imputing digital images into dental management software (axiUm).
- Schedules appointments and data entry.
- Demonstrates to students and faculty the proper use of X-ray equipment and digital imagery. Provides input to students and faculty on appropriate X-ray procedures.
- Provides dental chair side assistance to students, residents and faculty.
- Assembles and prepares patient records.
- Ensures patient x-rays are forwarded to chart area.
- Assists faculty in supervision of students' clinical/laboratory experience. Critiques student exposed radiographs for technical quality.
- Maintains clean, business-like and professional work areas. Performs scheduled equipment cleaning and maintenance procedures. Alerts supervisor to equipment malfunctions on a timely basis.
- Complies with radiation health and safety procedures and infection control procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
*Applicant must have graduated from a Dental Assisting program.*
USC has excellent benefits, including health benefits for staff & their family with access to the renowned university medical network; eligibility for retirement plans; tuition benefits for staff & their family; free professional development online courses; central Los Angeles location with easy access to commuter trains, buses & free tram pick up services; discounts to football, basketball & other campus events. To view more information, please visit: https://employees.usc.edu/benefits-perks/
Minimum Education: Specialized/technical training Minimum Experience: 0 - 6 months Minimum Field of Expertise: Must have dental X-ray certification from an accredited program. Valid CA X-ray License. Ability to perform full range of X-rays independently. Experience with state of the art X-ray equipment. Ability to communicate with patients, students, faculty and staff.
REQ20085673 Posted Date: 01/25/2021
Posting ID: 547816199Posted: 2021-02-02