The University of Southern California's (USC's) Information Technology Services is seeking a talented Integration Developer for Cloud Applications
with an exceptional commitment to service excellence to join its team. As the Integration Developer (Cloud), you will be an integral member of the Cloud Applications
team, collaborating with diverse and talented team members to help solve multidimensional information technology problems, improve customer experience, and generate value for our campus stakeholders across a broad base of departments and constituencies.THE TEAM
ITS has embarked on a major digital transformation initiative to continually improve services for faculty, staff, and students in support of USC's ascent as a leading institution of higher education. The ITS vision aligns strategy, business, and services; affirms ITS cultural values; empowers cross-functional teamwork; embraces world-class best practices; and promotes innovation, excellence, agility, and efficiency. To achieve this vision, ITS is committed to providing a modern technology infrastructure that is resilient and delivers the performance necessary to meet the demands of a growing customer base, training in the latest technologies for its highly productive and motivated workforce, outstanding customer experience, and technology services that are aligned with the university's mission to provide exceptional learning opportunities for students. ITS is creating a workplace where employees can develop cutting-edge skills, take pride in the services they provide, and have access to the roles and career paths that align to their abilities and potential.
We are looking for top talent to join us on our journey.ITS CULTURE
USC's ITS organization represents a diverse and talented team, committed to supporting a collaborative culture and delivering secure and innovative IT services, core to the mission of USC. ITS values accountability, excellence, and commitment to exceptional customer experience. ITS strives for a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages employees to do their best work every day and where individuals are recognized and celebrated for their contributions.ABOUT USC
USC is the leading private research university in Los Angeles-a global center for arts, technology, and international business. With more than 47,500 students, we are located primarily in Los Angeles but also in various US and global satellite locations. As the largest private employer in Los Angeles, responsible for $8 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic and professional schools and administrative units. As a USC employee and member of the Trojan Family-the faculty, staff, students, and alumni who make USC a great place to work-you will enjoy excellent benefits, including a variety of well-being programs designed to help individuals achieve work-life balance.Come join the ITS team and work as a trusted partner in shaping an environment of innovation and excellence for the university.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate for the position of Integration Developer (Cloud)
must meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Two years of experience in a relevant field such as information technology, higher education, or another relevant field.
- Experience in cloud computing services, cloud infrastructure, and cloud storage.
- Experience in cloud architecture and design.
- Extensive experience developing integrations, ETLs, data flows, and APIs through the use of integration platforms.
- Foundational knowledge of the development and configuration of software solutions.
- Ability to understand and work with large, complex systems.
- Foundational understanding of security concepts and secure code development techniques.
- Experience writing test cases for new and existing code to ensure compatibility and stability.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide both detailed information as well as summaries to peers and supervisors.
The ideal candidate for the position of Integration Developer (Cloud)
has the following qualifications:
THE WORK YOU WILL DO
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc.
- More than four years of experience in a relevant field such as information technology, higher education, or another relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience with Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), or Workday Student.
The Integration Developer (Cloud)
designs, develops, and maintains integrations across applications. The Integration Developer (Cloud) ensures that solutions balance technical excellence with usability and accessibility and deliver best-in-class solutions to support a broad range of customers, partners, and key stakeholders. As a member of ITS, the Integration Developer (Cloud) demonstrates ITS values in action.Job Accountabilities
The Integration Developer (Cloud):
- Leverages integration tools to design, develop, test, and support integrations for applications. Integrates network components from multiple vendors to support cloud services.
- Works independently or with a team to gather and interpret integration specifications, data requirements, and data mappings. Analyzes and tunes integrations to optimize performance and reliability.
- Communicates and presents problem-solving rationale within a variety of settings and to diverse audiences. Works collaboratively with team members, stakeholders, and vendors to understand specifications and deliver features based on business requirements. Participates in open and honest sharing of ideas and opinions. Shares timely information freely and openly across the organization. Readily seeks assistance and support.
- Supports the planning of projects and tasks. Contributes to the development and execution of best-in-class processes and procedures. Ensures alignment with university and ITS goals and customer needs. Supports the university's compliance with security governance and policies by embedding standards, procedures, and quality measures into work plans and workflows. Communicates the identification of issues, bugs, and fixes. Supports the initiation of process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS. Produces high-quality deliverables.
- Leverages insights on customer pain points, challenges, and needs to provide customer-focused solutions. Supports the customer point-of-view when identifying priorities and presenting solutions. Builds and maintains effective customer relationships by providing timely follow-up and feedback. Handles customer requests and routes them to the appropriate party for tracking and resolution. Seeks to deliver quality solutions.
- Participates in innovation and continuous improvement by leveraging the latest industry knowledge. Maintains currency with new technologies. Learns and adapts quickly to new situations and technologies. Continually develops skills, knowledge, and abilities. Takes the initiative to experiment with new ideas and technologies. Anticipates the impact of emerging technologies and make recommendations for adjustments.
- Supports continuous improvement by developing new and revised software applications. Ensures code is maintainable and supportable. Develops quality code that performs as intended upon implementation. Adapts to changing priorities.
- Follows best practices to support logical and efficient decision making. Presents opportunities, understands success criteria, and measures activities for success. Listens thoughtfully to others and asks relevant questions to confirm understanding. Conducts root cause analysis exercises to identify issues. Recommends realistic solutions to enhance business value.
- Contributes to an inclusive environment that values differences by building and maintaining collaborative relationships with team members, peers, and ITS leaders. Actively embodies ITS values and behaviors, including accountability, ethics, and best-in-class customer service. Contributes to a culture of trust and transparency by sharing information broadly, openly, and deliberately.
- Supports the vision for Cloud Applications. Works closely with team members and management to implement and support effective solutions for cloud development. Maintains currency with technology, standards, and best practices. Supports process improvement efforts within the team and across ITS.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS The candidate for the position of Integration Developer (Cloud) must meet the following qualifications: • Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as computer science, computer information systems, etc., or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. • Two years of experience in a relevant field such as information technology, higher education, or another relevant field. • Experience in cloud computing services, cloud infrastructure, and cloud storage. • Experience in cloud architecture and design. • Extensive experience developing integrations, ETLs, data flows, and APIs through the use of integration platforms. • Foundational knowledge of the development and configuration of software solutions. • Ability to understand and work with large, complex systems. • Foundational understanding of security concepts and secure code development techniques. • Experience writing test cases for new and existing code to ensure compatibility and stability. • Ability to develop positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members. • Strong written and verbal communication skills. • Ability to provide both detailed information as well as summaries to peers and supervisors.
REQ20195013 Posted Date: 08/17/2020